Surface Pressure

After catching up with Mirabel, Abbi was immediately crushed in a hug. A loud squeal could be heard. Then they were spinning.

"Mira, people are staring!" She never liked being the center of attention.

"Let 'em! Ohhhhh, you guys are gonna be so cute together!" The spinning stopped.

Mirabel was already noticing the doubt that crawled over Abigail's soft features. "Hey, it's gonna work out. Trust me."

"What if--"

"Abbi. I will not allow mi mejor amiga to doubt herself before she's even confessed to her beloved." She knew Mirabel was trying to ease her nerves but, she couldn't help the blushed that came over her at the word 'beloved'.

Hearing the church bells ring, they looked over and saw the building moving on it's own. "I think we found your sister." Her hand was tugged that instant.

"Luisa! Woah!" Mirabel didn't see the ledge they where on and the girls fell to the ground groaning at the sudden pain. "You ok?"

"Yeah. You?"

A nod and they ran after Julieta's middle child. "Luisa! Wait a second. You gotta tell us about the magic. What's going on? What are you hiding?"

"Nothing. Just got a lot of chores, so maybe you two should just go back to Casita." Abigail, was always amazed at how strong Luisa was. At the moment she was carrying four donkeys on her back as if they where pillows.

As they walked a villager said, "Luisa, my house is leaning to the......." and she just tipped the house back into place with a touch of her foot. How does that even happen?

"Dolores said your eye was twitching, and it never twitches." Now the they where in front of Luisa, but walking backwards.

"Which means something's probably making you nervous," Abbi added.

"Hey, move. You guys are gonna make me drop a donkey." She picked up another one as she said that.

"Luisa, will you just....." Her little sister was growing frustrated. "Just tell us what it is."

"There's nothing to tell."

"You're obviously worried about something. Mira and I can help."

"Luisa, if you know what's hurting the magic and it gets worse, 'cause you wont tell us whats wrong--"

"NOTHING'S WRONG!"

That outburst made everything stop. Abigail hid behind Mirabel, who had a startled expression. Luisa had never yelled at anyone before.

"Wow, uh, sorry. That.......That snuck out there. What I meant was, um.........Why would anything be wrong?" She put the donkeys down and gently pulled the younger girls together and on the opposite side of the road. "I'm totally fine. The magic's fine. Luisa's fine. I'm totally not nervous."

"Your eye is doing the thing......," Abbi said.

'I'm the strong one. I'm not nervous. I'm as tough as the crust of the earth is.' She lifted a boulder into the air and let it crash down onto her head.

Abigail grabbed Mirabel's arm. "Remind me to never get on her bad side."

"Yeah."

'I move mountains. I move churches. And I glow 'cause I know what my worth is.' Flexing her arms she looked at the teens behind her.

"Of course, I mean......." The donkeys took a step back. "Hey, where are you going?"

'I don't ask how hard the work is. Got a rough indestructible surface.' Abbi winced as Luisa sent two other boulders flying just by hitting them with her hips.