Antonio's Voice

It really wasn't a wonder why Abigail loved the Madrigals so much. Each of them was special but, not because of their gifts. They were all very kind and generous towards other people.

After Camilo tugged her toward his family, she watched him as he greeted the townspeople into Casita. He was so charming. Shifting into the appearance of each guest as he said hello. A smile of admiration found it's way to the young girls face. She might've fallen for him even more in that moment.

"I think that's all of them," said Luisa. She had been carrying donkeys into the holding pen if they needed. She was a little intimidating but, Abbi knew she was as soft as a teddy bear.

"Great! Then let's go!" Turning toward Abigail, he held his arm out for her, a gentle smile on his face. She took it (blushing like mad again) and, together they walked back to Pepa and Felix.

Abigail looked around, seeing the happy faces of the people. Children where running around, adults talking excitedly, it's like everyone was one big happy family. So then, why did she feel so out of place? Like she didn't belong here. Would her mother be happy here? Would she be proud of the young woman Abigail has become or disappointed that she wasn't as social as other teens her age?

Her mother. That thought alone sent her mind spiraling, until a hand gently wiped away a tear from her cheek. She hadn't even realized she was crying.

"Mariposa?" the concern was evident in Camilo's voice. He never liked seeing people cry, least of all someone he genuinely cared about. It pulled at his heart knowing she was upset and he'd do whatever he could to make the pain go away, no matter how temporary.

"I'll be alright," she leaned into his hand.

"You're absolutely sure?" A nod was her response. He looked at her for another second before they found his parents and sister. All three of them happy and nervous about what was to come.

"There you are," Felix laughed. Antonio and Mirabel had just walked in. Everyone walked over to the little guy, proud smiles on their faces. However, Abigail went to her friend and hugged her tight.

"Woah, you ok?" wrapping her own arms around the other girl.

"..........I'm having those thoughts again."

Mirabel knew exactly what she meant, all to well. Abigail's mother, Cordelia, had been sick while she was pregnant and passed away minutes after her daughter was born. Julieta, unfortunately couldn't get there in time to help. It left Abigail thinking that she was the one that killed her mother. No matter how much reassurance she got from her father/Mirabel, she couldn't shake that feeling of depression and panic that would creep up at any moment.

"Why don't you go say something to el hombrecito? It might do both of you some good."

Putting a hand on Antonio's shoulder, Abigail kneeled down and tapped his nose, "You got this, pequeño estrella." He giggled a bit and hugged her. Mira, was right. It did help a little.

"You are making your papa proud," Camilo had taken his fathers appearance but, at his brothers height, imitating his voice. He never failed to make Antonio smile. It put a warm feeling in Abigail's heart.

"I don't sound like that."

"I don't sound like that." Felix just rolled his eyes at his sons antics.

"Abuela say it's time," Dolores always spoke softly. Abigail let go of Antonio and made her way back to Mirabel. A content smile on her face.

"We'll be waiting at your door," said Pepa.

"Ok, ok. Vamo, vamo, vamo," Felix quickly ushered his family out. Though, Camilo was not done trying to ease his brothers nerves.

"Ok, ok. Vamo, vamo, vamo." Felix then grabbed his eldest son with a disgruntled look on his face. "Alright, I'm done!" He didn't miss the little smile on Antonio's face or the giggle from Abigail. That was a win for him.