Your Fate Is Sealed When Your Prophecy Is Read

The workload of being a Madrigal doesn't lighten for Itzayana. In fact, it only gets worse. And the others with useful gifts understand all too well.

As Itzayana grows, she realizes things she didn't before. Like just how much time Julieta spends in the kitchen cooking, how long it takes to hand out her food.

How much work Luisa does in the town. As soon as she steps foot in people are asking her to do everything. Even tasks they could do they ask Luisa to do because it's easier.

Dolores constantly covers her ears to avoid loud noises people in the house and the town make. She's forced to hear every single thing that happens. Ever.

Isabela spends her time practicing. Over and over again, she practices making perfectly symmetrical roses and vines and flowers. The pretty stuff.

Itzi has a new appreciation for her father as she realizes how hard it is to be a part of the family. A useful part of the family.

She spends most of her time being called to the village to help with minor inconveniences. If someone stubs their toe Itzayana can take the hurt feelings away and then she hurts. But the townspeople are happy.

And she tries to do what Bruno suggested. Take breaks between helping people to regulate their own emotions. But just as she gets back to the house Dolores will tell her that someone is asking for her in town.

Sometimes she'll sneak into her father's tower or the nursery to hide from the responsibilities of the town. But then Abuela tells her she's being selfish, the people in town have no gifts and Itzi has the power to make them feel better.

Itzayana tries to push it aside. She's a Madrigal, she needs to make her family proud, needs to contribute like everybody else. It's her job.

But there's excitement when Itzi is seven and Camilo and Mirabel are turning five. It's time for them to get their gifts.

She won't tell anyone but Itzi is really excited for Mirabel to get her gift and her own door. They've always been close, Itzayana has made sure to always visit the nursery after getting her door, she even invites Mirabel for sleepovers.

Camilo's gift ceremony is first. The day arrives and it's a sense of nostalgia for Itzayana as she watches the town get excited, Casita becomes decorated. Except this time, she helps.

Itzi helps decorate Casita with ribbons and bows and climbs up to put Camilo's banner above his glowing door.

He's a real comedian, though. He always has been. Camilo always tries to make people laugh. So he's in with the decorations and knocking things over.

Of course, this doesn't go over well with his mother who is stressing about things being perfect on her baby's Gift day. There's almost a whole tornado.

"Itzi, calm Pepa down, please. She's ruining the flowers. We need clear skies tonight," Abuela commands of the young Madrigal as they're placing candles.

Itzayana does as she's told and pushes through the rapid winds, holding onto the staircase for help. Her only guide is the blurry grey aura.

She finally gets a hand onto Pepa and floods her tiá with calmness, taking all of the anxiousness herself.

Pepa takes a deep breath as the wild wind calms down and the sky returns to normal. She looks down at Itzi and smiles.