~32

Recap of the last chapter:

------------------------------------

On that evening the whole squad went to an abandoned farm where they were waiting for the guy they had captured.

"So... That fat rich guy will lead the military police in a wagon to us?" Connie asked Marie and she nodded.

The wagon finally arrived and two MP's walked out. They were dumbfounded but Levi and Mikasa instantly nocked them out.

They carried the MP's into the old farm and in the basement was some sort of small dungeon where Levi, Hange, and Moblit were investigating Sannes, one of the two MP's. If needed, they were able to torture them.

The rest of the squad were sitting around the table, but Marie sat cross-legged, and Mikasa leaned against the wall. A scream was heard from Sannes but everyone feels like this one was louder than when Levi did it.

"Hange must be the one that does it now." Marie signed at everyone.

"Hmph... Even though this is to save those two, it makes me sick." Jean said.

"Let's face it... We're criminals now." Armin said.

"I am already used to the title." Marie signed. "But you know why we do it. It's not because we're necessarily bad... But it's because of the reason what we're fighting for. The enemy is just another group but with a different viewpoint. That's sadly how this world works and how we humans are."

Everyone looked at Marie with a darkened expression but everyone's energy was quite guilty and sad.

"This world truly is messed up but we have to do the things we do to survive..."

--------------------------------------

"Guys wait. I can hear something else is happening. What they're talking about." Marie signed.

Marie listened closely and she already knew that Sannes wouldn't talk even though he had endured all this torture. He already had all his fingernails ripped off but still didn't talk.

"They set them up..." Marie thought as she could hear Ralph forcefully saying things.

Everyone looked closely at Marie since they couldn't hear what they were saying in the basement.

"Sannes refused to talk so they took Ralph and made him forcefully say things close enough for Sannes to hear. Now Sannes thinks that Ralph already told the truth and he will most likely open up now." Marie signed to the rest.

Five minutes later, Levi Hange and Moblit came back up and told them the news.

"Wait... The true successor to the throne is Historia?" Armin questioned.

"In other words. Eren and Historia are most likely where Rod Reiss is." Hange told them and nodded at Moblit.

Moblit took a roll of paper and placed it on the wall. It was a drawing of how Rod Reiss looks like.

After some time Hange and Levi informed the group that Eren will most likely get eaten. Hange told them that Eren remembered a conversation between Ymir and Bertholdt and how he heard that someone obtains the Titan power by eating a Titan shifter.

Mikasa got impatient and wanted to act on her own but Levi pulled her back.

"Calm down. If you're going on a rampage, they won't give Eren back to us." Levi said to her and he turned back around to the rest of the group. "Anyways, we head for the lands of this Rod Reiss. Get ready to leave at once."