Bonus Chapter #2

***

Staring at her sleeping figure that looked as if she were drowning in the large king-sized bed under all those covers, I couldn't hold back the smile as I moved to close the door shut, turning to go to my study, but pausing in my steps.

"When did you get here?" I asked my son who just left his room that wasn't located far from mine and Alina's.

"I live here too," He reminded, rolling his eyes. "Although, it sounds like you forgot that. You and mama both," He rolled his eyes once more before walking passed. I guess he heard. I should invest in some soundproof rooms.

"Don't worry, papa. It's nothing new, I'm used to it," He chuckled.

"Used to it?" I was the one that raised my brow this time as I followed him partway.

"Hearing you and mama making love. It's nothing new," Okay, I'll get Dante to look into buying some soundproof walls for my bedroom first thing tomorrow.

"I'm lucky. To have both my parents, and more family too, like Nonno and Nonna. If I wasn't a psychopath then maybe I could appreciate it."

I paused by the railing as he smirked in amusement.

"Let's have this conversation behind closed doors," I got up, nudging my head towards my study as a sign of telling Elio to follow me.

"There is no need to have a conversation-"

"Trust me, son. You're not the only one that has ASPD," He gave in after a short staring contest, sighing before following me into the room, closing the door behind him as I went to get myself a glass of wine for the upcoming paperwork.

"Do you hate yourself?" I casually asked.

"What?"

"Do you hate yourself?" I repeated.

"No, what is there to hate? I have everything a human could possibly want, and more,"

"That's what I thought too. But then I started killing people, and I scared my wife..." An unsettled expression sat on his face after he heard my words, his eyes slightly widening as if he tried to hold back the unknown emotion.

"I had money, I had looks, I was surrounded by jealous eyes... And the first person I ever killed was my mother, and up to this day I don't regret it, I can't."

"Which father am I talking to right now?" He asked.

"Alvise," I answered.

"Oh, that explains the sex in the middle of the day," I smirked, shaking my head in amusement at his words. I couldn't help it, I haven't been out for ages and the first person I saw after gaining control from Evander is my wife, what else could you expect?

"My point is... Just because you have everything, it doesn't mean that you can't want more, that's a basic trait that all humans have, the desire for more. You think you're not allowed to feel like this because you should appreciate what you have, but this feeling is possibly one of the few things that link us psychopaths to normality,"

"...Really?"

Nodding, I took a sip of my wine, my eyes casually going to scan over the waiting document that was supposed to be signed and sent off by now.

"As you pursue the face of what you believe is normality, you will find that you unknowingly threw out the little normality you had in you. And when you realise that, it'll be too late... Who says you have everything? What even is everything?"

"I can't answer that,"

"There are things that I know you can't talk to your therapist about. Talk to me about those things instead of bottling them up inside."