Chapter 47

We were all in the mirror chamber after spending the day under the sea. I felt absolutely exhausted emotionally. I sat on the floor with a guttural groan.

"Paah! Nothing beats fresh, on land air!" Grim exclaimed next to me.

"Going to the Atlantica Memorial Museum was fun," Deuce said.

"Before I thought the place was boring," I didn't notice Floyd peek at me while he said this, "but it's fun to go there every once in a while."

"Since living on land, it's interesting to see how misunderstood the surface world is to mermaids," Jade thought back.

"I'm glad to hear you all had a good time," Azul said. "You are all probably exhausted from our trip. It's almost time for the Mostro Lounge to open. How about you come in for some tea?"

"Yahoo! Good, cause I'm getting hungry!" Grim jumped with joy.

I put a thumbs up with my head between my knees, "Tea sounds good." I lifted my head with the sound of footsteps. As I saw the rest of the group start to head out a hand came down. I looked to see Jack offering to help me up. "Oh, thanks Jack." I grabbed his hand and pulled myself up. I let go. We pulled up the rear.

As we were walking, Jack started a conversation. "I've noticed something with you."

"Oh really?" I curiously raised an eyebrow. "And what, pray tell, have you noticed?"

"You hold back a lot. Not just in battles, but in daily situations and conversations. You can be blunt, but you bite your tongue."

"Haha! Wow, you really read me like a book there," I chuckled.

"Why?! You shouldn't be passive about the things you believe in!"

"That's a long story," I said as I looked at the ground we walked on, "but the lesson I learned is that sometimes, battles are won by the things left unsaid."

It looked like Jack was going to say something else, but we made it to the mirror leading to Octavinelle. We passed through the marine decorated dorm hall. I was a little more at ease with the underwater dorm after the overblot battle, but my eyes did not linger on the surrounding water held back by magic. Our large group walked in on an already busy lounge. Students from a variety of dorms were calling out their orders.

"Eh?! Why are there so many people here already?" Ace exclaimed.

"Oh my, it seems our new advertisement is working," Jade remarked.

"Advertisement?" Jack repeated.

"We got in trouble by Headmaster so we can't make contracts anymore to take people's magic," Floyd filled us in.

"He actually does his job sometimes," Yuu and I mumbled.

"So, Azul made point cards!"

"Point cards? For the Mostro Lounge?" Ace tilted his head in intrigue.

"Yes, you get one point for every order of a 600 madol special drink. If you order the 1500 madol meal, you get three points," Azul explained. "If you are able to get up to 50 points, then you get one meeting with me and I will listen to your troubles."

"Do you mean any kind of troubles?" Grim asked.

"Even...school troubles?" Deuce added.

"Yes, of course," Azul said with a smile.

Jade added, "Also, if you get up to three points on your card you get an even more special service."

"For more information, please look at our pamphlet or the lounge's website," Azul wrapped up the infomercial.

"They got a website?!" I rhetorically asked as Jade handed us a folded pamphlet.

"Ah! Then, I'd like the special drink!" Grim excitedly ordered without even reading the pamphlet.

"Me too!" Ace joined.

"I'll have the meal drink set please," Deuce ordered. All three took a seat in one of the semi-circle booths.

"Thank you so much for your order," Azul said in a scheming tone.

"You guys..." Jack groaned as he slid in next to them. Yuu went next and I was seated at the end.

"You three never learn," I sigh.

"You have to respect the hustle at least," Yuu laughed. "I'll order a piece of cake. Viv, are you getting anything?"

"Huh? Oh, uh I'll just have some hot tea," I added to our order.

"Now then, Jade, Floyd. It's time for business," Azul proclaimed.

"Yes," Jade and Floyd responded together. The three of them went off to the kitchen and left us to our own devices.

It was a nice way to relax after all the drama that went down. Yuu and I had to stop Grim from dancing on the table while the others laughed. We ended up staying until closing. The guests of the lounge left one by one, and we were a part of the exit. Once in the hall of mirrors, we all went our separate ways. Grim was passed out in Yuu's arms, having eaten some of Deuce's food and Yuu's cake. There was a chill breeze as fall was slowly, but surely turning into winter.

"We've been here to see a change of seasons," Yuu noted.

"Yeah, crazy to think about," I sighed. There was a moment of peaceful silence.

"If I wake up tomorrow and Crowley has another game of 'play school therapist', I'm slamming my head through the wall."

I bent in half laughing, "Nooo, hahaha!! Yuu, you can't do that!"

"Why not, I'll just have you heal me."

"'Cause he'll make us pay for the repairs, haha!!"

Yuu pointed their finger at me, "True."

"Gosh, when we get back to our world, we need to become pen pals or something. Otherwise, I'll miss your dry sense of humor."

"I'm pretty sure I had social media accounts back in our world."

"I think I have one, but that's it."

"What's that thing Cater is always uploading selfies on? MagiCam? Is that the only form of social media here?"

"I doubt it, but I also wouldn't be surprised."

"Well, it's not like we have a phone to use it, so I guess we don't have to worry about it," Yuu shrugged.

"Not like we need a phone anyway. We mostly stay on campus and with each other. There really isn't a need," I kicked a pebble that was in our path. "The only reason I had a phone back home was to call my family to pick me up from after school activities."

"You remember your family?" Yuu tilted their head to the side.

I looked at them slightly confused. "Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

"Oh, since my memories got all messed up when I got here somethings are just...not there. Like, I know I have a family of some sort, but I can't remember what it was like," Yuu scratched the back of their head. At this point we had made it to the front porch of Ramshackle and were standing outside the door. "At least I hope I have a family."

"You do have a family. Us!" I opened my arms wide. "I'm the motherly big sister, and Grim is the chaotic housecat!"

"Pfft!" Yuu covered their mouth. In a sassy tone they said, "What makes you think I want a big sister like you?"

"Ouch," I opened the door and let them inside, "that cut me deep Yuu. Boo-hoo~." I pretended to cry.

"The therapist is off duty. Come back never." We both laughed in the foyer before heading off to bed.