chapter ten

In life, there is one point where you realize whether you're in love. That point, where you noticed that you whether have strong feelings for someone. And that point, after which you and your world may collapse forever. In such a moment a person maybe will change your life. Maybe the most beautiful point in your life.

I hadn't had such a moment yet. Only idiots and disgusting snippets went to my school, including Peter. In two weeks I would graduate, the exams were already written and even through the fact that I wasn't very good at school, I think I'll still pass. I never had friends or was in any kind of a relationship with someone.
I'm a total loser.

That was point when I realized that I was alone and ever would be alone. I'd never have a friend or a person from my family I could talk to. I repel any people who somehow tried to make friends with me. I didn't wanted friends. They'd only become persons, whom I'd get on their nerves, whom I'd disappoint and who would end repel me away anyway. I only did it before they could do it. To not get hurt.

I always said to myself that I don't needed and don't wanted friends. In that night I lay on Peters bed, sleepless but still with my eyes closed, and thought about the fact that I'd never have anyone, what I basically had always known. I opened my eyes and looked next to me. Peter laid down on his bed next to me. "Hey.", he said sleepy. "Hey.", I briefly answered.
He looked for quite a time on the ceiling then he asked: "Can I sleep next to you?"
"S-sure." He turned to me. "Thanks.", he mumbled sleepy with closed eyes.

And that was the point I realized that I wanted someone I could talk to. A person with which I shared my life. And I knew, if I'd stay longer Peter could be that person. I wanted Peter to be that person. Even if I hated him.

__________________

"Thank you for coming along.", Peter said. His both hands were at the wheel. Peter kept Charles' car for two days and he finally decided to bring it back to the professor's mansion. "Sure." I briefly bit on my lip and looked up at the ceiling of the car. Since last night I was kinda nervous in his near. He noticed that and seemed pretty amused about it.

The journey would take about four hours and we had driven like three. He ignored me the whole time and we didn't talked. So "Thank you.." was the pretty first thing he said to me.

Tomorrow, school would start again, and that way to shortly weekend would end and before that would happening, Peter wanted to bring the car back.

After an hour we arrived at the mansion. The car drove on a large property and stopped in front of it. A gate, much more a grid that seemed like someone definitely didn't wanted guests, blocked the way to the house. A somewhat broken shield was trapped in the gate. It gave the impression that it was not hanging there for quite a while and was only recently tried to reattach. "Charles Xavier's school for gifted youngsters.", Peter read aloud, "yap we're right."

The gate made a squeaky noise when I carefully opened it. Peter knocked on the door to the mansion.
"Peter, Y/n. Nice to see you. Come in.", Charles said nicely with his kinda British accent. He sat in a wheelchair, that was new. Just like the fact that he didn't look like a drug addict anymore. "We only wanted to say that your car-" Charles interrupted me by driving away with his chair. Peter shrugged and followed him. I followed too.

The house was even bigger than expected. "Woah.", Peter said. "We really don't want to bother you with anything...", I said. I walked along the big corridor while I was kinda amazed about the house.

"Oh please, you don't." Charles turned around and smiled at us. "In a few weeks, we'll renovate the house and reopen the school. Until then, I won't have much to do."

Two hours later, we could made it somehow possible to get away from the mansion. Charles kept us on the property and showed us what he wanted to do with it. Peter seemed interested but also kinda bored. He's getting bored fast. He's too fast for doing things for a longer time.

But after Peter asked Charles after Erik and explained that Peter is Erik's son, Charles was a bit deterred. So we were able to go home. Of course, the house was a nice place and after a thorough renovation I'd be glad living here but at that moment I just wanted go home. So when we were going out of the door I was pretty luckily.

"Wait...", I said when we left the property, "How are we going back home?" Peter smirked and repeated my words from yesterday: "Forgot something, super brain? I'm fast."

He went behind me and put his hand in my neck. A shower ran over my back I got goosebumps. "So let me just holding your neck to not get a whiplash..."

The feeling that I always had, when I were in that rush of lights, colors and specially speed was indescribable beautiful. It was like all my sorrows and fears, feelings and troubles just rushed by and I'd be free. Even if it's just for a fraction of a second.

After that feeling I got dizzy. "It'll pass. You're good.", Peter said. I had had that feeling after rushes before, why didn't he said something at that points? "I know." After the surrounding stopped spinning, I realized that we weren't at Peters home. Not even close. "Peter...?", I said, almost ironically quiet.
"Mh?" Peter grinned. I took a deep breath: "WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING IN NEW YORK CITY?!", I yelled. We stood in the middle of the New York Times Square and I was totally overwhelmed. A typical sitcom scenario.

"Having some fun. Let's go.", he said happily. He was like a little boy and admittedly that was kinda cute. He took my hand and pulled me after him.
"Hey, how's your leg?", he asked. "Well, I healed pretty fast...-" "Great! Come on.", Peter interrupted me and began almost to run.

Peter pulled me in a movie theater. I got dizzy again and in the next moment I stood alone in the back row of seats in the movie hall. Then Peter surfaced in front of me with a bucket of popcorn and one coke with two straws, "There aren't enough seats but we can watch the movie in the corner on the floor."

"If there isn't a spider in the corner, sure", I said jokingly. Then we sat down on the floor and started watching the movie. The big curtains pushed aside and the opening credits began to play.

"James Bond Live and let die?"
"Mh-Mh"
"Cool.", I mumbled, "Thank you."

The Movie took 2 hours and one minute and for once, it wasn't one of that thrash movies after which you wish to get two hours of your life back. Peter still slurped the coke when we left the movie theater as if we had paid for the movie.

"Hey, do you need new clothes? You're wearing mine like three days, aren't you?", Peter asked and looked at me.  "Nah, I'm fine."
"Sure?", Peter asked again. "Yeah, I like your clothes.", I said and smelled briefly about his leather jacket, which I still wore, "They smell like you."

"Uh...", Peter said, "You like me."
"Huh? No!"
"Ohh, you so do.", Peter annoyed.
That went out to much. "You know what?", I said and pressed the jacket in his hand, "You can have it back. I don't need it." 

Peter waited a few seconds until I totally began to tremble, "Cold, huh?"
"Y-yes." "Here." Peter throw the jacket back to me.  
"That was so unnecessary.", Peter laughed at me, "I know you like me." "Shut up. I don't.", I yelled almost and pushed his hip hard with my elbow. 

Then we surfaced back in his basement.

~1388

That chapter was pretty unnecessary but it need to go on haha