🔞💔Our love-hate relationship

Narrator:

America is still speechless, frozen from the sight in front of him as he look at the one person he wishes to have right now.

Philippines, looking at the bigger country blocking the door, put on a slight smile, knowing that he had once again, succeeded to surprise him.

"W-what are you... come in." America changed his words, leading Philip inside his unit.

"Salamat." (Thank you) Philip stepped in and proceeded to walk inside, looking at the elegant room with cream colored walls and smooth furniture.

"It's been a long time since I've been here again. Nothing's ever changed." He continued as he sat down to nearest couch like he owned the unit itself. He used to be all shy the first time he'd been here even if it's just America but he got used to it as time goes by.

"Well, I don't really live here exactly. I mean, my place is at DC and I just stay here for UN." America replied after he closed the door and followed Philip, sitting across him on the couch.

"Yeah. I kind'a am aware about it."

"So uh... what brings you here? I mean... it's already late and... you must've traveled far to get here."

"It's not that far. I'm currently housing at a normal hotel, along with Indo and Malay. Just a few blocks away from here." Philip replied, almost in a monotone, looking at the cityscapes through the huge glass wall of the condo unit.

"R-really?"

"Yep. So it's just a walking distance. It doesn't bother me at all."

America looked at him and can't help himself but to smile a little. "Well, I'm glad it doesn't trouble you."

Philip returned a casual smile yet America seems to be bothered by it. Yes, America felt joy when he arrived but now, now that he realize that maybe he just pushed him. Yet, he should be glad at least. His precious is here. What could he ask for? Also, he won't keep asking if the other felt okay since he would always answer it with a "Yes" or "I'm fine."

"By the way.... Uh... I'm kinda amazed that you're still able to find your way here."

"Of course, America. You know that I always remember everything." Philip frowned as he said the last word. Because by 'everything', America know what he meant.

The room was filled with silence as one keep staring at the cityscape while the other on the floor. Both were itching to talk to each other but never even made a move.

"Oh....Uh.... Listen. I uh.." America took a deep breathe. "I hope I wasn't a nuisance to you at all I mean... ughh.... I hope I didn't push you... I mean... I know... there's still tension going between us, and... you're the one who is mostly affected by it. And... I know you still hate me to the core... and..."

This time, America now looks at him... "I kinda admire that... you took all the courage to come here and still look cool despite what's going on between us. You really are something."

Philip was still looking away from him, thinking about everything he said. Silence reigned for a moment when Philip decided to look back at him with a warm smile.

"Well... if I were to be honest... everything you said is true. I still am feeling uncomfortable. Yet, I know you are also feeling the same way." Philip said, making America widen his eyes. "Yes, I am still hurt... I still hate you... I still despise you.... But... it doesn't mean that, we can no longer hang out and be friends."

America almost felt joy only if it wasn't for the word that he was not contented to hear.

"F-friends..." America slowly said.