❤Sunshine and Fireworks

America:

"Well, I kinda apologize for calling you late but I want to let you know that I'm staying here with Ukraine."

"Oh. It's alright, at least you informed me."

"Yeah you can just go eat dinner and do stuff without me."

"I already ate dinner even before you called." I replied as I lay myself down on the bed right on my condo unit in New York.

"Oh. Alright then."

"So why is maple staying there, is he going to do something?" I teased him..

"N-no, it's not what you think. Well, Ukraine just needed my company." Canada tried to deny it but I know what he's trying.

"Yeah. Whatever, I get it. You can just tell me the details later."

"I said it's not what you think, America. Also, if you ever curious, I already told you that we did THAT months ago, and you were laughing like shit hearing me talk about those things-"

I must've not heard what he's saying as my attention went to the necklace I'm wearing. Just by looking at it reminds me of him, and what happened earlier.

"Hey!! Burger!! You still there!!"

"Oh, uh... yeah... hey, Canada. I kind'a am feeling tired right now so I want to take a rest. You stop worrying about me and enjoy your night with Ukraine, alright?"

"Oh. Uh... okay." Canada agreed even though he's confused.

"Alright, see ya."

"Have fun and enjoy." I teased, smirking at him.

"H-hey!! I said it's no-"

I immediately hung up the call since there's no point talking to him if I often get distracted. I look at the accessory I have in my neck. I still remember that time all too well.

4th of July, 2016 8: 02 PM The White House

Thank you so much!

Fourth of July is about family, it's about the American family, it's about us getting together with the people we love most.

We all know that our freedoms are dependent on an incredible group of men and women in uniform and their families who look out for us every single day. For those in our military who could not attend, we just want to say how much we admire, respect and appreciate everything you do to fight for our freedom every single day.

And obviously the Fourth of July -- it's important to remember what a miracle this country is. How incredible -- how incredibly lucky we are that people, generations ago, were willing to take up arms and fight for our freedom. And then people, inside this country, understanding that there were imperfections in our union and were willing to keep on fighting on behalf of extending that freedom to all people and not just some.

And that story of independence is not something that happens and then we just put away. It's something that we have to fight for every single day. It's something that we have to nurture, and we have to spread the word, and we have to work on. And it involves us respecting each other. And it involves us recognizing that there are still people in this country who are going hungry -- and they're not free because of that. There are still people in this country who can't find work -- and freedom without the ability to contribute to society and put a roof over your head or look after your family, that's not yet what we aim for.