Chapter 27- A Perfect Love.

***

"Hey, why do you keep crying?... Stop crying," I paused, moving the child away from my arms to look at him, but his tears just wouldn't stop flowing.

"Damn it, why does Evan never come out when I need him to come out?" I grumbled, properly holding onto my child as I continued to rock him about in my arms, walking around the nursery in circles until his cries began to eventually fade away, and he fell asleep.

"Fatherhood is difficult to do alone," I mumbled to myself, putting him in his cot before standing up straight and stretching my back out as much as possible. I feel as though I've aged 10 years since his birth.

Aurelio Moretti, my son. The only living person that I cared for in my life right now.

My daughter passed away, my wife is in a coma, and I've not left this estate in the time that my wife has been in her coma. The only place I go to is the hospital that she resides in, and I don't plan on changing that until she wakes up.

Alina's been in a coma for a month now, and while I was doing my best to stay hopeful, it wasn't very easy with all the pitiful looks I regularly received from people.

But, until the moment she wakes up, I have to do my best in being a good father, and Evan agreed with that. Our diary which we often used for communication was once filled with dark secrets, but now all that we ever talk about is how to look after the child without accidentally killing him.

My life has taken quite a turn.

My ears twitched when I heard the grumbling of the said child, and I spun around to see him waking up again, face scrunching up as he began to cry once more.

"Why? What now?" I growled, picking him up in my arms and rocking him once more, getting more annoyed by the second when I realised that he wasn't going to shut up anytime soon.

"Elio, why are you doing this to me?... I miss your mother too, you know," I whispered the last part, resting his head on my shoulder as my lips lightly grazed his chubby cheeks. "I miss her so much too," I breathed out.

"Duke?" I turned to see Clyde standing by the doorway.

"What is it, Clyde? I'm busy trying to figure out how to be a father right now," I said.

"I was going to offer you the suggestion of hiring a nanny," I paused in my rocking, going to properly look at the man and wondering if he was being serious.

"A nanny?" I echoed.

"Yes, I believe it will help to destress you. That way, you can spend more time working and being with the Duchess at the hospital," That last part was all I needed to hear to be convinced, and without another thought, I nodded.

"I'll leave the hiring to you. I trust you to find a person good enough to look after mine and Alina's child," He nodded his head this time as I put the sleeping child back in his cot, turning the baby monitor on before picking my disregarded book up and going to sit on the rocking chair that Alina would always sit on while she was pregnant.

And my eyes unconsciously travelled over to the other empty cot that was supposed to be occupied by my baby girl, but she was dead. It pains me to imagine Alina's reaction when she wakes up from her coma to learn that her child died.

But if that memory is the only memory I have to look forward to in order to see her awake, then I will take it without complaint.

And with that thought process, more time continued to pass.

And apparently, hiring a nanny is a lot more difficult than I originally thought. Within the next few weeks, we had run through at least 5 different nannies, but none of them lasted longer than a few days.