Chapter 21: Full Score

I keep listening to this 

•••••

"I have good news and bad news for you today," Mama Isabella announced with a smile on her face. Most of the kids will anticipate that her smile was something soft and calming, but I can understand that it wasn't the case.

Mom placed her hands on my shoulders before gently pulling me underneath her warm arms. I decided to let out a soft smile on my face. I raised my head to look at her face.

Mom took a deep breath before looking down at me. "Norman's supposed to be parents wanted to take another child. I am really sorry for you Norman," Isabella uttered with a different expression on her face. "On the other hand, they decided to replace him with a cute little girl."

"Tomorrow was the last day that Conny would stay in the orphanage," She announced. I immediately noticed that a dark expression appeared on her face. I immediately vanished when she brushed my hair with her hands.

My eyes went to Norman who was observing the situation. When I glanced at the girl beside him, my eyes started to moistened when I saw that there was a tear forming on her eyes. "Conny..." she said.

Everyone startle when Don suddenly shouted.

"It's too fast! Why would they easily change Norman to adopt Conny?! And why did they decided to get her immediately?!" Don shouted angrily. There was also a tear forming in his eyes. "Why are they taking her away just like that?!"

"Don..." I uttered.

"I can't accept it! Why can't she stay with us for more days?!" He angrily replied.

Mom tightened her embrace on my body. "It was also a surprise for me, my child," She said while looking at me. There was a hidden meaning behind it. "I also don't want to let go of my little bunny. However, It wasn't my choice."

Right, 

It was my choice.

My eyes scanned the children who gathered in the dining room. I glanced at the boy who was sitting on the corner as if he doesn't care what was happening around him. He was currently reading a book.

I sigh.

He's acting like that again.

"I'll write a letter, Don!" I smiled happily. "I promise."

•••••••

Before the Announcement:

"Would it be a better thing if I choose not to resist?" I uttered with a serious tone. I was sitting on a chair that was placed in Mom's office. I played with the bunny that was placed in my arms, but I halted when I noticed her looking at me.

"Mom, Norman's still sick. Are you planning to delay his shipment?"

I glanced at Mama Isabella who just came out of the secret room. She was holding some papers in her hands. However, it fell to the floor when she saw me sitting on her chair. "You..." She uttered with a petrified face.

Her expressions continued to change while staring at me "Y-you really know about this," she said. I smiled at her.

I placed the bunny on the table and hopped down from the chair. I walk at a slow pace but stopped when I'm finally in front of her. "Ship me out instead of Norman," I told her without any childishness in my tone. "That won't become a hard task for you... right?"