Chapter 26- The Act is Up

***

"Alina!"

Without another thought, I ran.

Pushing my knee out, I kicked the man in the chest, and as he slashed his knife towards me, my hand shot out, the sharp metal digging into my skin, but the adrenaline was speaking right now.

With my free hand, I punched him in the face, so hard that his head reeled to the side, lip tearing open while he spat out some blood, and I punched him again in the stomach, and then I kneed him in the ribs, grabbing his head and thrusting him down so I could knee him in the face too.

"You trespass into my property-" I punched him in the face, hearing the satisfying sound of his nose breaking under my knuckles as he groaned out. "You enter my room without permission-" Pulling the knife out of his hands, I stabbed it into his abdomen.

"You dared to touch my wife-" I yelled, hands wrapping around his thick, disgusting neck as I choked him. "And you throw her off the fucking balcony!" Screaming, seeing nothing but red, I pushed him to the ground, kicking him, spitting on him, and destroying him.

"You filthy, disgusting, piece of shit! Who the hell... Do you think... You are..." Panting, I continued to kick him even after he had lost consciousness. "Wake the hell up! I'm not going to let you die like this! If you had the balls to touch something that isn't yours then you must at least have the balls to accept the consequences!"

"You dirty rat!" I kicked him once more, and his body rolled to the side.

"Alvise!"

I came to a halt.

The world which had been burning in flames around me a second ago had now started to cool down, my body which was burning up was suddenly feeling a lot cooler now as the wind whipped passe me.

Slowly, I wrenched my head to the side, eyes landing on the butler.

Wow... Things really took a turn, didn't they? 

The calm Mr Clyde, a man that didn't even flinch at the sight of murder, was looking quite unsettled right now, I'd dare to even say... Frightened?

Right, well I was a monster after all. A monster that's so scary, even emotionless people like Clyde would be scared of me. And if I was able to scare Clyde, then what could be said about Alina? She was definitely going to be terrified.

Alina...

And quickly, I looked over the ledge to the body of my unconscious wife lying on the ground. On the grass, in the dark of the night, all alone.

What the hell was I doing!?

"I called an ambulance, we must quickly-" I didn't stop to hear the rest of his words, rushing passed him, taking a discarded towel with me as I ran outside, skidding to my knees and stopping beside my wife's body.

"Alina, Alina look at me," Patting her cheeks, I got the towel, wrapping it around her head to prevent the blood from gushing out. "Alina, darling open your eyes... Please, Amore mio, look at me!" Biting down on my lip, my head fell down to check her breathing.

"Her pulse... Her pulse is fading... Alina, please," Picking her up, I cradled her head in my lap as I rocked us back and forth, patting her cheeks, begging her to look at me.

If only I had come earlier. If only I thought before I spoke, I shouldn't have provoked him... If only it were Evan that was in control instead of me.

"I'm... Always putting you in danger," I cried, brushing her hair out of her face, my tears dropping onto her face as I showered her with kisses.