💔No Secret Cannot be Unveiled

America:

It is 8:36 pm when I look at the time and I felt glad that I am able to make it. I am currently riding in a cab towards his location. The traffic wasn't really stressful and I felt so lucky about it.

Yes, I'm in a cab because I want to keep myself anonymous. I wore this brown hooded winter jacket, got my sunglasses even though it's night, and a mask to cover my identity.

I don't want to draw attention especially from locals since I don't have any explanation as to why I'm here other than visiting Phil.

My eyes can't stop drifting from the urban landscape slowly transitioning to semi-urban as I come near to his loaction. Houses and streets already decorated with Christmas lights?

Oh yeah... it's September. I remember the classic Philip and his people loved Christmas so much they started celebrating it this month.

It took a long 12 hour flight from France just to get here but nevertheless it's not as exhausting as I think it is. Mom was a little concerned with why am I leaving earlier but I told her where I'm going anyway.

"Oh. Philip. How I miss that boy. You know, he's very nice, acts really polite in front of me, such an entertainer, and I am quite fond with him." France said as she held her wine glass.

You're right mom. And you're not the only one who missed him so much.

"Say, America. Why suddenly decide to go there?"

"Well, uh... I think he needs to tell me something important."

"Is it really that important? I mean, it could've just been an email."

"I figured that maybe his topic, it can't be discussed through that."

"Perhaps. Well, it's just unusual how you would hesitate going here to discuss about your submarine deals but there you are, all excited and eager to meet your.... your.... What are you again?"

Mom's last question left me jerk and feel uneasy. She might be very calm and gentle but she's pretty savage sometimes.

"Oh... I remember now. I'm sorry I brought it up."

"Uh.... It's alright mom. Don't worry about it."

She sighed before speaking to me, "Listen, America. I have no intention of bad-mouthing Philip but, I don't think it's wise to go there. It could be a trap. Remember, he's with the communists now."

She's right. And I can't deny about it.

"I know, mom. But I feel like he's sincere when he called me, like he finally needs my help. It's as if he wanted my presence, like he wanted me to be with him."

"Well, not that I can stop you anyway. Also, it's not that I hate Philip at all that I'm saying these warnings. In fact, as what I've said, I really like that guy."

I hope I could say it out loud whatever you're saying right now, mom.

"I mean, isn't it funny how he ruined Italy's spaghetti by putting hotdogs instead of sausages? He really do understand whom I in rival with."

Oh. Yeah. I even got a taste of it. I was about to say, "It's not that bad" but... I don't want to hurt her feelings.

She breath out and smile at me before hugging me. "Anyway, you better have a safe flight, okay?"

"Okay. Goodbye, baguette."

"Au revoir, mon petit burger." (Good bye, my little burger.)