Chapter four

We went along the corridor. Logan, Charles, Hank and Peter and I split up. Peter and I went straight ahead while the others turned to the right. Peter took my wrist and pulled me after him: "Come on. Keep going. Faster!"

We kept going forward until we stood in front of a elevator.
I opened the door and Peter and I hide on the side.

Two guards came in. After a while, they noticed Peter, who quickly grabbed some tape and one moment later the two guards hung on the lift wall without their uniforms.

I grabbed one and put it over my clothes on while Peter changed in super speed. "You look pretty...pretty ok", Peter said when I was dressed up ready.

"And you..." , I said, "look ridiculous."
We went along the corridor, quietly. I had a tray in my hands. We stopped in front of a big concrete wall that pushed by side when one of the guards pressed a button.

We entered a room, with a cell built into the floor with a glass ceiling. I wrote a note with "mind the glass" on a slip of paper and put it in the tray.

Peter got the tray in the cell.

Erik lay on his bed and looked like he would sleep. But he quickly opened his eyes. After he read the text he looked up at us. Peter gave him a smile. I looked concentrated at the glass. It got some cracks and finally it broke in thousand pieces.

Erik jumped at the front of the cell. He was out. "In three seconds, those doors are going to open, and 20 guards will be here to shoot us.", Erik said.

"We know.", I said.
"That's what we're waiting for.", Peter completed my sentence.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm holding your neck so you don't get whiplash."
"What?"

"whip...LAAAAAASSSH.", Peter slowly repeat. I smirked as he said that. He turned around and looked at me amused that I found it funny.
The doors opened. I pulled the guards by side, so that Peter and Erik had a free way to the elevator.

One guard shot and hit my leg.

"Y/n!", Peter called. He picked me up and everything turned into a stream of colors and lights. "Fuck. Does it hurt?", Peter asked worriedly when we stood beside Erik in the elevator.

"I just have a bullet in my leg, Peter. I'm fine... Of course it hurts! ", I yelled at him. He took off the shirt of the uniform and wrapped it around the wound, to stop the blood. Quickly he turned around and gets with super speed back in his normal clothes.

Erik leaned on the wall and tried to breathe normal. He turned to Peter and seemed really confused. "It's ok. I'm fine.", I said to Peter.

"You're good. It'll pass. It happens with everyone...
You must have done something pretty serious. What'd you do, man? What'd you do? What'd you do? Why'd they have you in there?" , Peter said to Erik.

Peter was annoying. Like every second in his life.

"For killing the president.", Erik finally answered.

"Oh. Wow.", Peter whispered, "Shit!" He looked at me. I sat painfully on the ground and trying not to bleed to death, and yet this boy could make every situation even more unbearable.
"The only thing I'm guilty of is fighting for people like us.", Erik tried to save his situation, "And now you should maybe take care of your girlfriend that almost blood to death right now."

"I'm not his girlfriend.", I corrected him but he didn't even listened to me. Peter knelt next to me and tried to hold my wound while he still talked to Erik:"You take karate? You know karate, man?"

" I don't know karate. But I know crazy."

Peter started to laugh.

"They told me you control metal.", Peter started.

" 'they'?"

"You know, my mom once knew a guy who could do that." , Peter said.

I ignored the stupidity of Peter for the obvious.

The elevator door opened. The next what I saw was that Erik fell on the ground next to me because Charles punched him in the face: "good to see you too, old friend."
After weird looks against us all they startet a conversation.
Ehh, Guys? I'm just laying on the ground with a bullet in my leg and you start smal talk? , I thought.

Water rained to the ground. Guards came in. With guns made of plastic in their hands and ready to shot.
I saw the metal started to move. Everything flew up. But in the next second, all guards were unconscious on the ground. Peter stood in the middle of the room.
"Thanks, kid."

Peter flashed over to me and supported me so that I could walk outside. Hank waited outside and we all got in the car. We drove to an airport, where Hank, Charles, Erik and Logan leaved the car. Peter stood outside with them meanwhile I sat in the back of the car. "Peter, thank you very, very much. You take care, on y/n as well as of you self. ", I heard Charles say. "Hey, I saw your flight plan in the cockpit. Why are you going to Paris?"

Charles didn't answered. He just threw the car key to Peter: "Do me a favor and return it to me."

"Ok"

"And Peter", Charles said, " Take it slow."
Peter grinned.

He was still outside for a while. I fainted because of the loss of blood.

When I opened my eyes again, I saw Peter driving the car. He had put his jacket as a pillow for my head. The radio was playing "Time" by Pink Floyd.
"wOw! Stop.", I said when I realized that Peter drove, "You have a drivers license, right?"

"Ok", Peter began to smirk.

" 'Ok'? Anyways. How long have I been sleeping?"

"Long. I almost found you were dead."

"How funny.", I said ironically.

"You slept around one hour", Peter explained, "Your wound is deep. And if you don't want that your mom get to know that you were shoot by a bullet, you maybe have to spend the night and the next few days at my house."

"And what should I say my mom?"
"That you sleep at a friends house."
"I don't have friends. I'm a loner."

"Me too. I guess you should lie and say that you have some."
"Yeah, I guess", I repeated.

~1045