Chapter 40

We stood in an awkward silence. Yuu, Grim, and I stood across a baffled Ace, Deuce, and Jack. Yuu had a confident grin along with Grim. I had a nervous smile with my snaggle tooth poking from the bottom.

Jack was the first to break the silence. "...You're serious?"

"Yes, it has been settled. Today, we are going to the Atlantica Memorial Museum," Yuu smiled. "Onward! To the Coral Sea!"

"No no no no!" Ace quickly stepped in. "Didn't we say how it's impossible to get the photo because of the Leech brothers?!?"

"Even I think this is a little ridiculous," Deuce agreed. "And what about Viv's phobia?"

"I...am making a needed sacrifice for the end goal," I gave a timid thumbs up.

"That's right, so listen up guys," Grim gathered us close. "Our plan is to- Gag ack!" We all leaned back when Grim coughed.

"What is up with you? Do you have a cold?" Ace asked.

"No, I was shouting a lot yesterday," Grim shared. "That doesn't matter right now. Allow me to explain our plan first, so listen up!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ehhhhh?!" they all screamed after the debriefing.

"Are you serious? That's a pretty bold plan," Ace said with wide eyes.

"Amazing. You've got a lot of guts, Prefect Yuu," Deuce said with enthusiasm.

"Do you really think this is going to work?" Jack asked.

"It has to work, so we will make it work," I said.

"We've come this far, so we don't have any other option than to try your idea," Deuce said to Yuu. "We don't have much time left."

"True, it is better to get going before the sun starts to set," Ace agreed.

"Understood," Jack joined. "We better get a move on. Nothing will happen if we just stand around here."

"Let's get this done and over with," I gave big stretch. "Time to see if all those practice sessions with Riddle paid off."

"Yuu, you really are determined once you set your mind to something," Jack complimented.

"There are times you are a bit too bold," Ace nervously chuckled.

"That's what makes them lovable!" I gave them a big hug. Yuu gave me a quick squeeze back.

"Let's go to the Atlantica Memorial Museum and get that photo!" Grim cheered. He scampered off in the direction of the Mirror chamber, with the rest of us in tow. Jack and Yuu practically dragged me along.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"CLOSED?!" We all screamed at the sign.

"Of all the times..." I rubbed my head, "it just had to be closed!"

"Well, the Leech brothers haven't come after us. Do you think they knew about this?" Deuce pondered out loud.

"With what we've seen so far, most likely," Yuu sighed.

"We came all this way, are we really going to run back home with our tails between our legs?" Jack asked in frustration.

"Wait a second, I have an idea," Ace spoke up. "We need to get closer though."

I held on to Jack as we approached the museum. "You are doing a lot better than you did last time," Jack complimented in his gruff voice.