Chapter 39

We all caught our breath in the Hall of Mirrors. I leaned on a wall with my hands over my head in order to get more air in my lungs. "Worse. Lunch break. Ever!"

"Well, that was scary," Deuce sighed.

"At least we got out in one piece," Yuu looked on the bright side.

"To think it was all because Jack is so big," Ace complained.

"That's just because I train more than you guys," Jack defended himself. "Besides, wolves tend to be big."

"We couldn't even touch those contracts. How are we supposed to destroy them?" Deuce thought out loud.

"I'm too riled up to think clearly about this," I groaned.

Jack nodded. "This is all we can do for today."

"We wasted a whole day," Grim sighed.

"Don't say that Grim," Yuu corrected the cat beast.

"Is there really a way to destroy them?" Ace doubted. We all fell silent.

Yuu let out an unsure hum. We walked back to our classes for the rest of the day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tonight, I'm going to have you help me clean Leona's room," Ruggie said while handing us various cleaning supplies.

"You better pay your rent herbivores," Leona smirked.

"I'm being used by Azul and now by Leona..." Grim panted. "I'm so exhausted, hoho~"

"First we are going to pick up the dirty clothes and put them in the hamper. Then, we'll clean the desk. Accessories go in the dresser, books go on the shelf, and then start dusting," Ruggie explained.

"We aren't little kids; we know how to clean..." Grim grumbled.

"Ah? Did you say something?" Leona scowled.

Grim stiffened. I stepped in and said, "It's nothing."

We started to clean the room like we were a hotel's room service. Yuu dusted, I picked up his laundry, and Grim organized his desk. As I was throwing garments into the basket, I saw Ruggie scold Grim.

"I keep telling Leona to stop leaving his expensive stuff out in the open," Ruggie sighed. In a louder voice he said, "It'll be too late if someone steals it!"

"Shut up. What are you, my mom or something?" Leona groaned.

"I feel like it while picking up your stinky clothes," I sassed him. I threw a sweaty t-shirt into the basket. It was nice to let off some steam by chucking the clothes with force. "You have to treat your stuff better!"

"None of this stuff is important to me, so it's not a big deal if someone steals it. Besides, I'd like to see someone try to steal from me," Leona brushed the situation off.

"I'm telling you it is a big deal!" Ruggie ranted. "It's people who treat money like nothing and then cry over one madol. Geez, this is how spoiled rich kids act."

"THAT'S IT!!" Yuu screamed. I dropped the hamper at their sudden exclamation.

"Yuu!? What's wrong?!" Grim panicked.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I heaved while clutching my chest.

Leona raised his voice, "Don't just start screaming like that!"

"He puts them in a safe because they really aren't invincible!" Yuu was jumping in place with their realization.

"Ah!" I pointed my finger at them when the lightbulb lit. "Because if you had nothing to fear, you wouldn't care!"