Chapter 8- A Protective Father

***

"Congratulations, amore mio!" With my arms outstretched, she came running into them, and I effortlessly picked her up, spinning us around, tilting my head back to get a clear view of her beautiful, happy face right now.

Placing her hands on my cheeks, she leaned down, pressing her lips against mine, and I quickly kissed back, enjoying the rare moment.

"I am... so proud of you right now," I whispered, placing her back on the ground, and hugging her to me as she hugged back.

"Thank you, I'm so happy that you are here right now," She laughed in my chest as I smiled down at the top of her head, taking a step back and placing the bouquet in front of her. "A gift for the special lady today, one of many that I have planned,"

Laughing, she took the bouquet from my hands, moving forward to peck my lips again.

"Ti Amo," She whispered above my lips

"Ti Amo," I replied, kissing her forehead.

"But... I have a question, have you always been so popular? I would have thought that with your quiet, and shy nature, you would have been less... You know,"

She paused in looking at her bouquet, raising her head to look at me.

"Darling, I am not always such a shy and quiet person. I am only like that when it comes to meeting someone new, once I warm up to them, I naturally begin to show the real me. You haven't realised with me yet? Remember when we first met?"

I hummed, still not liking the fact that she was popular. I couldn't blame anyone for liking her, she was a saint, but I was still unsettled with the fact that she had so many male fans.

"Now, stop being so jealous," She patted my cheek as I frowned.

Snaking a hand around her waist, I pulled her to my chest, my other hand going to the black graduation robe she wore, and the strap of her red satin dress underneath it, and I moved it out of the way, smiling at the sight of my love mark that rested there.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just cheering myself up," I sighed a happy, content sigh, remembering that neither I, nor Alina, were virgins anymore. In fact, we've done it a good number of times coming up to her graduation, and I was certain that I was never going to be able to have enough of her.

"How?" She raised a suspicious brow.

"This bite mark is something that only I can give you, those men can keep dreaming," I whispered in her ear, her heartbeat running a mile a minute under my chest. Also, no man could ever make her feel this way either, that was something only I could do.

"You-You..." She stuttered.

"Yes..." I pushed, and she gave in, breathing out a loud sigh.

"You are a jealous man,"

"Only when it comes to my beloved Alina Volkova," I moved to hug her again, kissing the top of her head as she held onto her graduation hat.

"Oh, there she is... Alina! Alina, darling!"

My brow twitched at the new voice that called for my lover. Merde! Who had a death wish now? As of late, it's been very hard to have some alone time with my girlfriend.

"Oh, my parents," Alina whispered. Oh.

"Papa, mama!" Letting go of me, she ran to her parents, jumping into her father's arms as she did mine a few moments ago, and then she kissed her mother's cheeks, taking the bouquet from their hands and spinning to look at me, waving me over.