Chapter 7- I Trust You

***

Walking into the penthouse's main lobby, both of us soaked to the bone, didn't divert the stares from other people, but none of that was any of my concern as all I worked to do right now was restrain myself from touching her in front of all these people.

We stood in the elevator with two other strangers, both of them quite obviously noticing the sexual tension between me and my Alina, and when they got off, I spun around, grasping her by the waist before hoisting her up in my arms.

Her surprised breath got caught in her throat, unable to escape as my lips had succeeded in capturing hers, and my hands trailed down, moving her thighs to wrap around my lower waist, her hands tightly weaving through my hair.

"E-Evan... What if someone sees?" She nervously whispered out, all the while, my lips were working down hers, licking her bottom lip, before moving to shower kisses down to her collarbone and throat.

"Then let them see," I unapologetically replied, loving her shyness. In all honesty, there was never going to be a time when I let someone other than myself see her like this, and today was no different. Frankly, no one should be able to see us, the lift was about to open on my floor, and the top floor of this penthouse was only for me.

Hearing the ting of the elevator bell ring, I lifted my eyelids open, pulling Alina closer to me as I moved to leave, resting my chin on her shoulder as her body nestled itself against mine, either from the cold rain against her skin, or the nerves, I didn't know.

And I realised now, that our bodies were so very different, they didn't fit each other very well, with her curvaceous body, and my muscular one, we couldn't have been more different. But despite all that, I also realised that my lips have never felt so perfect against anyone other than Alina's, and when we hold hands, they fit perfectly as if they were made for each other. And when I think of it like that, I only love everything so much more.

Tapping my pin onto the door, which took longer than necessary, the familiar beep notified me that I had successfully opened it, and without another moment, I stepped in, kicking it closed behind me, and hearing the automatic lock go off.

"This is your... penthouse?" She whispered, her head moving away from the crook of my neck to look around the expensive, modern interior.

"Forget the penthouse, amore mio, and focus on me instead. Right now, we are all that should matter to each other," Holding her chin in my hand, I moved her gaze to look back at me, and once she did, her face lit up with a shy blush, a smirk creeping onto my face as I leaned in to continue with my array of heated kisses.

"I love you," I whispered in between kisses, strengthening my hold on her as I walked up the steps to where the master bedroom waited.

"I love you too, Evan," She breathed out.

Once again, kicking the door shut behind me, I treaded towards the bed, delicately placing her down at the centre, her head resting against the large pillows, and I stood up straight, keeping my eyes locked on hers as I undid my tie, and then my blazer, my socks and shoes following not a moment later.

And I climbed over her, looking down at her as she looked up at me with those starry, violet eyes of hers. And, holding her hand in mine, I placed my lips against her palm before planting her hand against my chest.

"Unbutton my shirt," I leaned down, whispering in her ear, placing a kiss there, biting her earlobe as she squeaked and I chuckled, continuing to kiss down from there. And I felt her, without another word, undoing the buttons of my shirt, the feel of her shaky fingers against my skin exciting me more than I imagined.

"I'm... sorry," I heard her sigh.

Furrowing my brows in confusion, I leaned back to look at her trembling gaze, and carefully placed my hand on her cheek, smiling a gentle smile at her before leaning down to place a light kiss on her forehead, as if assuring her that I would never force her to do something she didn't want or wasn't ready for.

"If you don't want to-"

"-No, it's not that. I'm just sorry for being so... inexperienced," Retreating her hand from my naked chest, she fiddled with her fingers as if embarrassed with herself.

Lips parting in realisation, I smiled at her, leaning down to peck her lips, and when she was least expecting it, I grabbed her waist, flipping us around, and sitting up so she sat on my lap, her legs straddling me, dress piling up around her waist.

"Baby, your inexperience excites me. I'd rather have you gain experience with me than imagine you gaining experience with another man that isn't me, the thought of you sitting on someone the way you are sat on me right now makes me so jealous... So, I am honoured to be your first time, and you, mine," And I watched as the nerves slowly began to subside from her body.

And her lips tilted up in that familiar way that I loved so much as she smiled at me, nodding her head before leaning in and placing her forehead against mine, her minty breath deliciously tickling my cheeks as she spoke.

"Okay, I trust you," 

That was all I needed to hear.

***---***---***

"Miss Alina Volkova,"

I sat on the bleachers with the rest of the people that were watching their families graduate, dressed in a clean black suit, hair brushed back, my best cologne on, and a bouquet of beautiful flowers in my hand.

With the bouquet sat next to me, my hands and legs were crossed, eyes twitching in annoyance from all the stares that were being directed my way.

Seriously? I was here today to enjoy Alina's graduation, and to celebrate her in taking a step closer to her dream of being a fashion designer, and these eyes that were drilling holes in my head, and those whispers that were close to making my ears bleed, are not helping me in keeping my good mood a good one.

I mean, I heard that a Romano was here, and weren't they the richest, most influential people in the world? Where is all their attention gone?

I'm just a simple, rich, and handsome Duke that never stepped out of his estate in Rome unless the work was exceedingly important, is it that surprising for me to be seen at Lincoln University, a university for the wealthy people?

Oh. I guess it is.

My ears twitched as I heard the audience of new graduates hooting towards the woman that stood on the stage, receiving her diploma from the chairman, and my eyes narrowed at the sight. Why were they hooting at my woman like that? They're like animals.

Eventually, once my butt was starting to hurt due to the uncomfortable sitting arrangement, the ceremony finally came to an end.

"Congratulations to the school of 2020!" The principal shouted, and heaps of cheers ran through the outdoor space, families cheering, graduates throwing their hats in the air, and Alina was one among many.

But still, she was not hard to miss.

Not with that smile on her face.

...