Confession(Epilogue)

"There's cake in the fridge."

"What?"

The streets after the rain gave out a sense of wet dirt. The orange sunset accompanied the rainbow, turning the sky into an unbelievable artwork. Puddles on the ground reflected the sky above along with the flower bushes that were the first to bloom, added vibrant colors as far as the eyes can see.

"I bought cake. It was suppose to be for the confession but..." Nishikata nudged at their interlocked hand. "This happened."

"What was your plan?" Takagi seemed intrigued. "It must be epic."

"Now that I think of it, it's kinda stupid." He blushed.

"Tell me." She said as she got closer to Nishikata.

"Alright..." He sighed. "I was suppose to ask you to meet up at the snack store after school, and I would go get the cakes I pre-ordered. Then I would take you to the hill under the tree where I would tell you a story while we eat the cakes"

"What's the story?" She asked.

"Some love story I found on the internet. It was suppose to increase the chance of your confession succeeding." Nishikata blushed even harder as he explained. "At least that's what the author said..."

"You believe in that?" Takagi couldn't help but chuckle.

"I was pretty desperate." He shrugged.

"Keep going!" She pushed him jokingly with her shoulder. "This is fun!"

"I... I am!"

As he kept talking about the plan, the more embarrass and immature the plan seemed.

'Maybe it is better that things went this way.' Nishikata thought to himself.

"Let's do the plan tomorrow." Takagi suggested.

"Eh?" He stared at the smiling girl beside him in terror. "You can't be serious! You heard how bad the plan is!"

"Really?" She tilted her head sideways. "I think it's great! It sounded really romantic and nice!"

"It's stupid!" He protested. "Like if you didn't like me in the first place, doing all those stuff aren't gonna change anything!"

"Well, at least let me hear the speech you prepared." Takagi said as she poked at his shirt pocket.

"Somehow, this is more embarrassing." He groaned. "Why do you want to do the plan anyway?"

"I want to be confessed to by you again tomorrow!" She grinned and extended her hand out toward the horizon. "Then the day after that... And then the day after that..."

"So everyday?"

"Everyday!" Her smile was like that of a child.

Nishikata sighed as he stared into the setting sun. "Everyday it is..."