Chapter 33

The morning with Savanaclaw was both refreshing and agonizing. The early morning workout was intense. We now sat with our hosts in the cafeteria for breakfast. Grim was stuffing his face as usual while I tried to not fall asleep in my bowl of cereal.

"So why did you do something so stupid and make a deal with that scamming octopus?" Leona pried. Yuu explained the situation from the beginning. At the end, Leona let out an amused chuckle, "Ha! So, you made a deal with Azul so you can set all those idiots free? Hahaha! This kid is not half bad! You're giving me the chills!" Leona broke into a hearty laugh. He smiled, showing off his fangs.

I hovered a spoonful of cereal in the air while I yawned, "Could you be so kind as to not laugh at our dilemma?"

"Well rumors say Azul's exam notes are amazing. I'm not surprised people want to get a hold of them," Ruggie mentioned.

"Now that you mention it, both of you didn't make the deal with Azul for the test notes," Jack pointed out. "Leona seems like the type to take the easiest way- ah no, nevermind." Jack bit his tongue. Probably for the best.

"Idiot, who in their right mind would make a deal with that cheating octopus?" Leona scolded. I shot a glance at Yuu and Grim, who become fascinated by the sausage links on their plate. "I've made a deal with him before, but the conditions weren't a problem for me."

"He's not the type of guy you can trust," Ruggie commented.

"That sure would have been nice to know..." Grim hugged.

"That is why you should do your due diligence," I said.

"Or just, you know, study on your own," Yuu added.

Ruggie continued, "He is a strong magician though. He can make even the wildest wishes come true."

"The bigger the wish you have, the more of a disadvantage he'll make it for you to get it," Leona took over. "But there are so many herbivores who sign the contract without thinking of the consequences."

So, what sort of disadvantage does releasing 225 students come with? And why does everyone call Azul an octopus?! Are they considered bad in this world, enough so to be used a cruel nickname?

"Can we actually win against him?" Yuu asked to no one in particular. I could see the worry in their eyes.

"Let me ask you this. What were the conditions to the contract you signed with him?"

"We have to steal a picture from the, uh, Atlantica Memorial Museum and give it to him by sunset in three days," Yuu recapped.

There was a long pause. Ruggie leaned over the table and patted Yuu's shoulder, "You...have my condolences..."

"Really Ruggie?! Those are your words of encouragement?!" I huffed before scooping a mouthful from my spoon.

"We are just getting started!" Grim scowled.

"You know, the Atlantica Memorial Museum is underwater, right? How do you plan to get there?" Ruggie questioned.

"We have a...a potion to help us breathe underwater that they gave us," I answered after swallowing my food. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to Yuu. They pointed at my hand. I saw that the top of the spoon was bending at how hard I gripped it between my thumb and knuckle. I quickly bent it back and set it on my tray. I sat on my hands with a tensed smile.

"We don't know if the potion really works though," Jack confessed.

"If it is from Azul, it'll work," Ruggie assured. "Azul takes too much pride in his work to give you a bogus potion."

Leona pondered for a moment before smirking again, "Then, why don't you hurry and get a move on? Time is money as they say."

"Fnya! That's right! Let's hurry and go to the museum!" Grim jumped up.

"You're right. We only have three days. We've got no time to lose," Jack got up as well.

Grim was already making his way to the door, "Let's make sure to grab Ace and Deuce!"

"Guys wait up!" Yuu called while they took their tray. "Come on Viv, otherwise we'll get left behind."

"Ah!C-coming!" I got up from my seat. "Wish us luck, we're gonna need it!" I ranoff to catch up with the rest of the team.