Chapter 29

"So, in other words..." Deuce started.

"If you make a contract with Azul and win..." Grim continued.

"We will be set free!" Ace finished.

All three of them got a serious expression as they begged in unison, "Please dorm leader! Please win against him!"

"You guys have no shame," I said.

"Coming from someone without an anemone from their heads! You wouldn't understand!" Grim accused.

"It's your own fault for cheating in the first place," Jack reprimanded them.

"We already learned our lesson," Ace whined.

"We won't ever do it again," Deuce showed remorse. "Next time, I will accept the failing mark...Hn!"

I reached over the table and pinched his cheek, "You should put your time and energy in making sure you don't get a failing mark the honest way!"

As I did this, Jack addressed Yuu, "Are you going to play along with those guys?"

"I will listen to what he has to say..." Yuu sighed.

"Oh Yuu, please tell me you got a plan," I stopped messing with Deuce to look at my fellow dimension traveler.

"This is the first time I ever respected you as my dorm leader!" Grim cheered.

"The first time!" Yuu exclaimed. They sighed in defeat, "Thanks, I guess..."

"I'll tag along with you two, just because you seem like the types to jump in headfirst into danger," Jack volunteered.

"Hey, I at least think about it first," I corrected.

"I appreciate the offer Jack," Yuu bowed their head.

A weird squelching noise came from across the table. "Not again!" Deuce yelled. "The anemones are pulling on us!"

"He's going to make us work during lunch!?" Ace exclaimed.

"You're our only hope, Yuu!" Grim cried. They were all pulled away in agony. We sighed at their hopeless behavior.

"Wait a minute," I came to realization, "this means I have to go back to the underwater dorm...Fudge!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now nine o'clock and we were back at the Mostro Lounge, to my dismay. I clung onto Jack's blazer as we entered. I was shaking a bit, but I tried to not let my fear show through my face.

"I didn't notice earlier, but this place has a very 'grown-up' atmosphere," Yuu took in the scenery as they took the lead.

"We are in enemy territory. Don't let your guard down," Jack warned.

"Ah~, Little Shrimp and Leafy Sea Dragon~. Welcome!" Floyd greeted us. He looked at Jack, or more precisely where I was gripping his blazer, "I see you brought the sea urchin here with you."

"Hi Floyd," Yuu greeted.

"I told you, I'm not a sea urchin!" Jack barked. Floyd had a smile on, but his eyes were menacing.

"Thank you for deciding to come," Jade walked over to us. "Welcome to the Mostro Lounge. This is your first time here, isn't it?" He had a knowing smile. He reminded me of a butler welcoming guest to the manor.

"We stopped by once before, but we were unable to dine due to prior engagements," I answered in my best 'customer service' voice I could muster at that time.