13.Accompany(Finale Part 3)

Two weeks before graduation---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A grand confession isn't always possible.

Or rather, a grand confession isn't always the most sincere.

Sometimes, a confession was done simply by replying 'yes' when someone ask if they're dating each other.

Sometime, a confession was a plain 'I love you' or 'Will you go out with me'.

Still sometime, it doesn't even contain a single word.

Nishikata was no stranger to romance. In fact, one of his favorite manga is '100% unrequited love', a romance/comedy series. Yet, when it comes to real life, he was completely clueless. When it came to a 'perfect confession', he was completely clueless.

It was late at night. Balls of crumpled up papers scattered around the boys desk, as more scribbles were being written on a notebook so thing because of all the ripped pages. Nishikata was more than frustrated, as not a single 'speech' worked out so far. With another page of the notebook was being ripped off and thrown away, his phone suddenly rang.

Who could it be, so eager to call him in the middle of the night?

"What are you up to?" Before Nishikata could say a thing, the voice on the other side asked. "Still haven't sleep yet?"

"You are the same." He said.

"Don't worry about that~" The voice giggled. "What are you doing?"

"Just... writing homework..." Nishikata said as he took an awkward glance at the teared off pages.

"Liar." He could almost picture the girl's smirk on the other end. "You are thinking about me~"

"Ehhh???!!!" Nishikata's face turned completely red. "That's not it!"

"I know, I know." She laughed. "I thinking about you too~"

"Stop teasing me, Takagi-san!" He groaned as he blushed even harder.

"Be serious! We don't have homework anymore." A bit of rustle came from the phone. "What are you really doing?"

"H...How about you take a guess!" Nishikata replied. "Let's make this a contest."

"Really?" Takagi chuckled. "That seems a bit unfair."

He was about to laugh in victory, when a thought suddenly hit him. "Actually, I lose!"

"Why give up so fast?" She giggled with a hint of confusion. "You have a high chance of winning this one."

"That... That's exactly why I call this off!" Nishikata said out loud. "I want to win fair and square, you see?"

"Right..." Another rustle was heard. "I need to go to bed now. Sleep early~"

"I will... Goodnight..."

"Goodnight." Takagi's voice was soft.

Nishikata drooped the phone on his bed.

"That was close..." He murmured to himself as he blank out at the table of ripped off pages. "If she actually guess what I'm doing somehow, which she always does, it would've been embarrassing..."

His gaze returned to the note book.

"Let me finish this." He said as he got his head back into the desk, and started writing away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not gonna lie, this was probably the best thing Nishikata has ever written, though he didn't feel that way. For the first time, he pulled an all-nighter not because of anime bingeing. He took a glance at the paper he was holding on so tight the wrinkles had overpowered the words written on it. But that might be good, since he spent the night memorizing it, and it prevents Takagi from seeing it. If she would see it somehow, Nishikata would've been embarrassed to death. Though what he was planning to do that day, could probably result in the same effect.