Chapter 24

"Ah~ it's finally over!" Ace let out in relief. Two weeks passed since my game with Floyd. We were all gathered in the classroom after finishing our mid-term written exam.

"When you think about being transported to a magical world, stressing over exams doesn't come up," I groaned.

"I did my best. Now all we need to do is wait for our results," Deuce said in a relaxed manner.

"Hehe! That test was way too easy for me!" Grim boasted. Yuu just smiled at us all.

"Huh? You all seem confident. Usually, you guys look defeated after a test," Ace pointed out.

Grim held a power pose on the desks, "Hehe! I'm different from how I was back then! Now, people are gonna come at me like- 'Grim you're such a genius! Help me study please!'"

"Dormmates better have priority 'Genius Grim'," I poked his side as he daydreamed as usual.

Deuce also held his head up high, "Actually, I'm very confident this time around. I will take this as a victory for me."

"Coming from the guy who cries his eyes out when he barely passes an exam," Ace teased. "Well, I feel confident too, so I won't fail."

Yuu looked at the three stooges with pride, "You guys studied hard, huh?"

"Kind of," Ace rubbed his neck sheepishly, "this exam was easy."

"I'll be happy with anything above a 70. Just so Riddle can stop with the extreme tutoring sessions," I slumped over the desk. "I think I can sleep for the rest of the day."

"Well, since class is over, I'm going to head out to the track and field club," Deuce shared.

Ace stretched his arms, "It's been a while since I played basketball. Well, that's it for the day. See you all later!"

"I'm going to go home too," Grim yawned. "I'm so tired. I was studying all night long."

"We'll see you tomorrow guys," Yuu waved good-bye. They pulled on my sleeve. "Come on Viv, don't fall asleep yet."

"I'm coming. I'm coming!" I protested as I was pulled away. "Bye guys!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wendy gasped in awe, "Just imagine real life mermaids!" She leaned down to look at the lagoon below. A group of beautiful mermaids sat on various rocks and swam in the water. They styled their hair.

The scene transitioned to Wendy on one of the rocks in the lagoon. The mermaids surrounded her. They pulled on her nightgown. "How about you join us for a swim?" One with red hair gave a tug on the hem of Wendy's dress.

"Please! Stop!" Wendy pleaded. As one mermaid pulled, another pushed. They did not let up their attack. "PETER!!"

The boy in the green tunic floated in the air. He was laughing his head off. The mermaids used their tails to splash water in Wendy's face. The kept going, soaking her. Wendy found a shell on the rock beside her and picked it up. She wielded it above her head and warned, "If you dare come near me-,"

Peter rushed to her side. He threw the shell away, and through a breathy laugh he tried to calm Wendy down, "Wendy, Wendy! Hey, they were just having a little fun. Weren't you girls?"

All the mermaids played innocent as they resumed lounging on the rocks. One with blonde hair sighed, "Oh, we were just trying to drown her."

Wendy furiously huffed as the scene faded away.

I sat up with a start. The dream had me in a cold sweat. I sat in my bed in Ramshackle trying to catch my breath. It was still dark outside my window. A haunted voice floated into the room, "Are you okay, Little Lady?" The skinny ghost of Ramshackle floated at the end of my bed.