Neji x reader short

Start writing your story

This is a little something I cooked up for @nejishousewife

You were grinding herbs with Neji in the back room at the store, the shop had closed an hour ago and now you were just catching up on orders.

"I'm sorry Neji" you apologize for probably the 5th time. He had the night off from family and Shinobi duties and had planned on taking you out to do something, but instead he stood beside you concocting orders.

He holds his finger to your lip before you can continue. Looking down at you with a slight smile. "I've already told you dearest, I don't care what we do as long as we're together"

You giggle and stop mashing herbs, crossing your arms in front of you "well what if we were walking around in the middle of the snowstorm?"

"Would I get to hold your hand?" He asked, smiling cheekily and mimicking your crossed arms

You shrugged

"Then it'd be alright" he said "of course as long as you still had all your fingers and toes"

You thought of another idea "well what if we were stranded in a boat in the middle of the ocean?"

"We could take that time to talk, cuddle, nap, so it wouldn't be awful" he leaned back against the wall, watching you amusingly.

You could've stopped there but you were having fun. "What if a bear was chasing us away from our picnic and it was raining"

He opened his mouth

"And there was a cliff and the bear was 3 times the size of a normal bear"

He chuckled "then I'd hold your hand as we ran, and then I'd defeat the bear and make it into a rug that we could rest our feet on"

You start laughing at the thought of that. He chuckles and shakes his head, walking towards you and wrapping you into a tight hug.

"You're ridiculous Y/N" he presses a soft kiss to your forehead

You smile up at him "but you love me!"

"I do" he pulls your head back and looks into your eyes "and just know I would never take you walking in a snowstorm or on a boat when we could get stranded. And most importantly I wouldn't take you picnicking in bear country"

You stand on your tippy toes and press a kiss to his lips "well I love you too"

////

Thanks for reading!