Chapter 25

he had just come back down after crying for what seemed like forever, he had looked at the time before arriving, 50 minutes… he had promised her only thirty… he silently walked down the stairs, and takagi didn't say anything about his non punctuality… 

He had felt bad after she had left… he wasn't dumb, he knew he was taking his anger out on himself, and when she tried to calm him… he had taken his anger out on her… 

He had talked to yosuke about his sister… it really helped that yosuke seemed to understand what he felt… he had simply given him simple advice. 

That holding on to anger doesn't bode well for the person… he couldn't tell if yosuke was talking about nishikata or himself… he told a short tale… of how anger and hate is a really powerful emotion … how when you let your head your heart be conquered by pain.. By suffering… by anger… there would be nothing left of you in the end… 

He was already feeling like he was losing pieces of himself… as the things he held the most dear to his heart slowly slipped away… his parents… his friendship with takagi… 

He knew.. If what yosuke said was true… that anger doesn't leave anything behind… and how anger swallows everything and makes you hollow… then nishikata who was already struggling to keep his life together.. Would simply shatter apart .. 

Unable to handle the most important things to him being taken away… some by others and some by his own mind… so the logical course of action would be to keep takagi close right? 

It's not as simple as that. He wants to keep the friendship but what can he do when the same friendship that he's trying to protect will try to hurt him? 

He was more than impressed by how yosuke dealt with the situation. He lied to both nishikata and takagi, so that they would diffuse the situation themselves, but it didn't hide the fact that Yosuke was just as manipulative as Takagi, maybe even more the only difference between them was that Yosuke was self aware … He was the only one who knew all the information, he controlled how everything happened, from the phone calls between them to the festival… 

He had only made one mistake… he had gotten into a fight with his sister which led to her telling nishikata the truth… there was no doubt in his mind.. That if yosuke would have controlled everything from start to finish and had he not fought with her… nishikata would probably be manipulated into forgiving takagi wholeheartedly.. 

He would probably make her do nice things to nishikata, slowly revealing her truth at the end… and nishikata would have probably forgiven her… 

What yosuke was doing wasn't inherently wrong… he controlled the situation so that it wouldn't do any damage to their relationship. He was cleaning up his sister's mess. 

But what exactly was his objective… no matter how impartial yosuke was.. He was still at the end of the day.. Her big brother… Was he protecting nishikata or takagi? 

Many questions about him… he was impossible to read and definitely more complicated than takagi… 

Nishikata had secretly wished that Takagi never told him about the manipulation.. They could still be close… so if yosuke would have taken control of the fight, nishikata wouldn't be mad.. Rather he'd be grateful… 

So it was decided… until and unless he was given a reason not to.. Nishikata could trust yosuke. 

That being said… no matter what yosuke thought of his sister, one thing was certain, yosuke wouldn't approve of nishikata's actions… 

He was a time bomb with a strong rage building inside with no target, so he was targeting her…. This wasn't good.. 

Even if he didn't trust Takagi, he didn't want to lose her… he already had almost nothing left… So.. As he had promised earlier, he was to try his best at rekindling their friendship…