Chapter 42 Panic, All Around

Explosions shot towards the figure as I tried catching up to Icy-Hot. I had taken everything away from Deku: his childhood, his happiness, a chance to make friends. I needed to get that damn nerd's boyfriend back... I would never be able to forgive myself if I didn't.

The magician-like man jumped over the trees with the blue marble still in his pocket. I tried to keep up but the fucker was too agile, still, I kept going. I shot explosion after explosion to the ground trying to get to the man.

Soon, I was an arm's length away from him. He turned and saw me approaching behind him. "Dang! You're fast!" He yelled. "Damn right, give me the marble, extra!" He snickered, "No. Unfortunately, this is the boss' orders. I need the kid. See ya!" The dumbass shot away, doubling the distance between us.

Gritting my teeth, I shot another powerful explosion. My hands were starting to burn and my arms were beginning to become fatigued. It was for Izuku, though. The conversation from before began to filter in my head. Icy-hot's monotone voice, so different from his warm speech when talking to Izuku, rang through my ears. "Yes, though, I don't think we have mutual feelings on the matter."

Of course, I like Izuku. He was my first friend, my biggest supporter, looking back, I even had a damned crush on him when we were little, but I ruined it. My quirk exploded more than objects, it demolished my relationship with him. If I could take back everything, I would. I can't, though. This is the best I can do: saving Icy-hot. I won't bother Izuku again, it's not like I know him anyway, the true him. The Izuku who smiled and complimented me at every turn is gone, I don't know who is there now, but it's my fault, I know it is. I'm the asshole who hardened the sweetest boy to live.

I was, once again, close to getting Icy-Hot back, but I suddenly felt drowsy. I looked around and saw a pink gas surrounding the woods, it leaked into the night sky. Quickly, I covered my nose, but I lost all momentum and began to fall into the forest. No, no, no, no, no, not now, I thought. I frantically tried to push myself back up using explosions, but my hands were too damaged now. All I could muster were a few pathetic sparks. They could barely even break my fall.

When I reached the ground, I heard a loud crack; my arm was broken. It took all my energy not to breathe, or scream.

Izuku would never forgive me for letting Icy-Hot be taken. I failed. Shit.

Izuku's POV-

I gave Shouto a big hug. "You're adorable, you know that, right?" Shouto blushed, "You're so strange." I giggled lightly. "Do you know where we are, Sho?"

"Does it matter? We're together, no?"

"True, but wasn't I supposed to be somewhere right now?"

"Shhh, it's fine. We'll figure out later, okay?"

I felt a breath on my neck, so I turned around. No, why are they here? What's happening? I'm not supposed to be here. I turned around and saw Shouto glaring.

?'s POV-

I was panicking. This was all happening too fast.

Is there a hero nearby? Can they see me? I need to get out.

A/N: If I made a Y/N story (in the MHA universe), who would you guys like the ship to be?