Chapter 12

Takagi's POV
I woke up in a cold sweat. I saw him. I did. I got so lost in the dream that I forgot that he had died. I checked my alarm clock at 4 am. There is no way on planet earth I am going back to sleep. So I got up and went outside. Despite being 430 am it was surprisingly light out. I took a walk around the neighborhood passing by the school nearly 3 hours before school even started.
"Wait- Takagi?"someone was behind me. they had just drove up to the school."Tanabe-sensai?""What are you doing here at 5 am?""Uhh well I couldn't sleep so I was taking a walk around the neighborhood and I just ended up here..hehe" I said, flustered. "anyway what are you doing here?"It was his turn to look away. "I- uh forgot to grade your tests yesterday and I needed to do that this morning.""Oh well I didn't do very good anyway"

(A/N sorry for the different format I wrote this somewhere else and transferred it over this will be a problem later as well sorry about that.)

"About that Takagi,"

"Huh-"

"You used to be a model student and getting the top three scores in the school nearly every time. And now I am noticing you only get about half your homework done and the things that are done are lazy and wrong. I know his passing has been the hardest on you, but you have to keep your grades up if you want to go to that college."

"Oh yea... That college."

The University Of Tokyo was the hardest school to get in. It also happened to be my dream school and I had high hopes of getting there with my grades and social skills. But then I met Nishikata. More on that later I need to think of something to tell Tanabe.

"Uhh- well I- I uh just can't- well- I can't get my mind to stop thinking... about... him..."

Tanabe's POV:

Wait what did she just say? That was so forward, and the way she trailed off made it seem actually true. Can she actually be affected to the point she can't think straight. I need to inform her parents immediately. 

Also I have been grading her extremely gratefully. No one knows but she is getting the lowest scores on every test and assignment but I put it in as near the center because she had so much potential. I am not going to let her waste it by regretting the past. If the UOT sees her scores this year she has got no shot.

Takagi's POV:

WHAT?!?! Did I really just say that?!?! what was I thinking I can keep my mind off Nishikata. I don't think about him constantly during class or at home... I don't lie awake thinking about what could've been. No could never do that... not me... I am master teaser Takagi. I don't do that... Right?

"Takagi?" Tanabe said. A look of concern crept on his face. 

"Huh- What sorry?"

"I am getting worried about you and you are only confirming my suspicions."

"NO no no I'm fine" I said a little too loud

"I am willing to give you another week but after that I expect you to be on your A game. If not I am afraid I will have to do something about it. Take care of yourself Takagi."

Then he said something that shocked me so much I didn't know how to respond.

"I won't let you jump Takagi"

.

.

.

I was shocked. I stood there in utter disbelief. Did he know? How? How could he have known? I went to say something but Tanabe had already gone inside. I saw him at the window. He had already started grading.

"Oh gosh" I mumbled

How long have I been standing here? Tanabe squinted at me. He opened up the window.

"Takagi? What are you still standing there for?"

I didn't say anything and sped walked away. What am I doing? I am really going insane. I am going back home. It was surprisingly worse than that terrifying dream. I am so embarrassed. How did I let that happen?

As you can probably guess I was blushing as hard as Nishikata would.

Redder than a tomato I ran home. Only to find that I had left the door open. I checked the time. 

"RIE?" It was my mother.

"RIE WHERE ARE YOU?" This one was my dad.

I ran inside.

"I'm here I'm here"

They both looked at me at the same time. And the realization hit them.

"Oh my gosh, Rie where have you been?" my mother asked, relieved. 

"I just went on a walk." She checked her watch. 

"For 2 hours?"

"2 hours?" I repeated in disbelief. "was I really gone for that long.

My father nodded silently. He was preparing to give me a long winded speech about running away and depression forming in teenagers. I guess I still had a little bit of psychic reading left in me.

At least that was comforting to know.

A/N sorry for the delay. I hardly wrote this week. Its a pretty short chapter this one, but hopefully I can get more done. :) I am continuing a story my friend started so that is whats on my mind right now. I'll hopefully update again this week. 

Don't forget to smile 

Starco