~25

Marie eventually stood up and the pain in her head was gone. 

"I'm fine now."

Suddenly, someone barged into the room with a panicked face.

"Commander Erwin! Titans are spotted, in-wall Rose!"

"Inform the rest of the squad leaders and wait for orders," Erwin said to the messenger and he saluted and left.

"Marie, Inform Eren and your other friends and wait for further orders," Erwin said to her and she immediately left to where Eren was and she met Armin along the way.

"Are you alright? You look worried."Armin said to her.

"Bad news. There are Titans in-wall Rose."

"What?!"

Armin and Marie went to inform Mikasa and Eren.

.......

Everyone from the Survey Corps was informed and they were about to go to wall Rose. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin were in a carriage with Levi, Hange, and Pastor Nick.

"Um... Why is there a Priest going with us?" Armin asked a little unsure.

"Oh! Because Nick and I are best buddies right?" Hange said as they put an arm around Nick.

Eren and Armin seemed a little unsure about what Hange said.

"Don't mind him.  The whole makeup of this squad doesn't make sense. Does it, Levi?" Hange said.

"No, I think it might. There is a reason why Erwin picked them out for a reason." Levi said, referring to Marie, Armin, Eren, and Mikasa.

The gate opened and they left onwards into wall Rose. Hange started explaining to Armin, Mikasa, and Eren that there are Titans inside the wall and that Pastor Nick knew about this all along. However, Pastor Nick has kept his mouth shut for the entire time.

"Now Nick will come with us to face the harsh reality. Will his beliefs stay strong enough for him to stay silent?" Hange said. "Or will seeing it with his own eyes make him question himself?"

Eren lost his temper and started yelling at Nick for why he didn't just tell them. Eren quickly fell backward since he wasn't fully healed. Levi got a gun out of his jacket and held the trigger.

"There's more than one way to get answers. I may be injured and useless right now, it doesn't take much to watch one man." He said while glaring at Nick. "I'm hoping we can settle this without blasting a hole in anyone."

There fell a couple of minutes of silence and Hange kept staring at this some sort of crystal.

"Hey, four-eyes. Are your hobbies so boring that playing with rocks is somehow fun for you?" Levi asked Hange.

"Isn't that a hardened fragment of skin left behind from the Female Titan? I can just strongly feel Annie's energy from it." Marie signed.

"Yeah, that's right."

"It didn't disappear?" Armin said shocked.

"Right! Annie reverted from a Titan, but it's still intact even though it broke off from her body. It didn't evaporate. It didn't disappear. So I compared it to a piece that broke off the wall, its pattern and composition were almost identical."

"So that means that the entire barricade of humongous Titans is constructed by hardened skin."

"That's right..."

Nick couldn't follow the conversation due to Marie using sign language but he seemed to understand what they were talking about.

"We might be able to plug that hole-in-wall Rose by using the Titan's hardening ability," Hange explained