Chapter 30.5

The white walls of the hospital reflected light onto the room. It was almost as if the room was glowing… in the very  centre of the room was a single bed… 

The machines still made the occasional beeps , and the screens were alive showing the live conditions of the patient… but all that wasn't important.. 

In the bed… with her back resting on the back board.. Sat a girl.. Her eyes gazing out the window… she looked like she wasn't fully awake, Still dreamy , even though the treatment had made her lose a ton of weight , and it made her look thin and pale… 

In the eyes of the father , an angel had descended from heaven after hearing his plea… he didn't say anything for some time… he was just… frozen… tears streamed down his face… The girl noticed his presence.. " Dad? "

Her words… he had longed to hear her voice for so long.. He pulled himself together… " DOCTOR!!!! " 

Takagi was running at her maximum speed… she was out grocery shopping when they got the news… they had already reached before her. But still she was running… when she got there nishikata was sitting on the chairs outside the room… 

He looked like he was crying… she ran up to him and hugged him… " Are you okay yuki? "

" I… I'm just so glad… "

" Did you two talk… "

" Yeah… I was forgiven… "

Nishikata felt like a heavy burden was lifted from his shoulders… he finally felt at peace… He hadn't taken the life of the innocent girl… 

The family had already explained all the things to her… The accident… shuichi's help with treatment and everything… The court ruled him innocent and the crash was an accident… 

Nishikata still cried… it was over… he didn't need to suffer any longer… 

Takagi was still comforting him when Shuichi came out of the room, " visitation is for family only.. We can't stay here…" " I am so glad yuki could talk to the girl… "

As Shuichi discussed with takagi about nishikata and his therapist, it was decided that nishikata would continue therapy until the therapist could certify that he was emotionally stable again… as they turned back to him he collapsed in the chair.. 

Takagi checked him and it looked like he was just asleep… " Weeks of not sleeping has caught up with you.. " 

They had to carry him back to the car, they seated him in the back seat of the car… once inside Shuichi started the car… " Rie, you have also been sleeping badly right? You should also take a rest.. "

" No… I'm fine … "

" Ya know… I haven't drunk a single drop of death wish coffee but somehow it's less than before … "

" … "

" It's gonna take a roll on those who aren't used to it… go in the back… I'll wake both of you up when we're back… "

" Thanks… "

She slowly climbed into the back of the car… as the car started to drive … she held his hand… 

He looked peaceful… and a deep sleep.. His head resting on the cushion… she scooted to his side.. Her hand reached his hair… His hair had always been light, like it was like his hair was filled with air , it was particularly fun to move fingers through his hair… " Welcome back "

She said before closing' her eyes as well. 

A/N : sorry for the short chapter... I have been too busy.

I'll release another chapter for "All of you is all of me" In a bit , I'm so glad I made like 4 chapters ahead of time...

600 words