Chapter 11: Dreams

A/N Thank you Kitsune, Shadow 2007, Myles Tate, nienaxxx, MHA Fan #1, hauzansuras, Magledeno04, Vaultdewller, and Yoshaguy for following. (wow) Also it takes forever to find and download pictures so I'm just going to leave them blank for now.

Takagi's POV:

"What?!"

"I asked do you want to walk home together, like normal"

"but.. you- I saw- your not real"

"..." he was stunned "not real? that's quite harsh"

"..." I felt tears roll off my face. There's no way. I saw him die. He isn't in this life anymore. But he had a plan. I could tell by the look on his face. He wanted to beat me at something but i could only cry.

"... wait why are you crying. Did is say something wrong?"

"No no its ok Nishikata" 

"..."

"I just wish this could last forever"

"well we have to grow up eventually right?"

"Not growing up, I mean life with you, doing everything with you."

"Takagi your making no sense, What do you mean you want to stay living life with me?" Nishikata said Blushing like crazy.

"Nevermind everything I just said, Let's just walk home"

Confused but willing Nishikata followed me. What was I thinking if this isn't real then why would I try to make it real. Why would I try the tender relationship I have already gained with him. WHY?

About 5 minutes of silence

"Hey Takagi" Nishikata called out. He was about ten feet ahead of me.

"Yea?" I started running to catch up

"I've thought of a match" 

He got that look again. I can't help teasing him when he makes that look. The odds are heavily in his favor if he just doesn't get flustered. He sees me as someone who can't be beaten but the truth is, he is much better at nearly everything.

"If I can make you surprised by the end of the day then I win"

I laughed "Alright, give it your best shot"

But instead of trying he just walked away. No tricks. No words. He just started walking again.

After 5 steps he turned around

After 5 steps he turned around. Knowing what look I had on my face.

"HAHA I BEAT TAKAGI-SAAAN!"

He actually won. No tricks. I didn't let him win either. He straight up...won.

"Wow Nishikata, you actually won" I said returning to my composed face "but what if I looked surprised just to let you win" I smiled teasingly

He blushed like always.

"NO WAY! I won fair and square!"

"Okay you got me. It was fair and square"

"haHA yes. Now for your punishment..."

.

.

.

We walked silently for a while. He really beat me. Every time he tried so hard and barely even touched my level of expertise. I was just blown away at how he actually got me...  wow. I'm so proud Nishikata.

Nishikata's POV:

I FINALLY BEAT TAKAGI. Finally. Now I have to think of a good punishment. 

.

.

.

It took me so long that we arrived to the split! I couldn't think of something that was both embarrassing and hilarious. I don't want to be uncomfortable but I want her to feel uncomfortable. hmmmmm

"Nishikata" Takagi stared at me with her signature teasing look

"Wh-What?"

"It's time for you to go home right?" she smiled.

I was too distracted to think of a logical response so I waved her off "No no it's alright I'll just walk home with you"

I kept walking (maybe I could... no that wouldn't work. OH what if... nah I can't etc.)

She stopped. I turned around. 

"..." he stopped as well "What's up?"

She just stood there. Finally she looked up. She was hiding it well but her face had a slight shade of what she always saw on me. It was red. She was blushing! Yes! I got her. oh wait..

"I got you again Takagi!?"

"No that's crazy. I would never fall for someone like that..."

And that was the end of my hot streak. Blushing like a tomato I looked away.

"Wh-what did you just say...?"

She started laughing like always, 

"Nishikata, your reactions are so funny!" 

GAH, even when I win, I lose!! 

Takagi's POV:

Wow. He really beat me. And got me again. Thank goodness I quickly turned it around haha. I started laughing at how short lived his victory was. so much that I couldn't hear the blaring sirens. 

Coming down the same road.

Same time.

Same. Exact. Problem.

"NISHIKATA NOT AGAIN!!!"

A fire truck screamed down the road. Sirens going wild. And hit Nishikata straight in the back.

Again.

A/N AGH I'm taking forever. I am really trying to get these chapters out regularly. I am trying to get at least one chapter a week. And this chapter kind of brings back bad memories of earlier in the story and I'm not even in it! Imagine what it feels like for Takagi to see this again. gah... terrifying. 

Anyway, 

Don't forget to smile,

Starco