Chapter 28 : Aftermath

Amano opened his eyes, the bright white light glowed in the start white room, slowly cyan curtains came into view and along with that… his head felt like it was gonna crack because of enormous pressure, he looked to his side, Another bed… And on that bed was the boy he had brutally fought against and beaten up, sitting on a chair between both of them was a brown haired girl… amano almost didn't recognise takagi at first… she looked like she had been crying and worried sick for hours, just staring at the floor, " Takagi? "

She looked up from the ground and gave him a weak smile, " Hey amano… " 

" Where… "

" The hospital… that's where we are", she handed him a document, " The school sent you this… "

He started reaching for the document and felt pain again, while there was awkward silence between them he read through the documents

He felt his body… and soon became aware of the Bandages along his head… amano quickly pieced the puzzle together.. " Did I go unconscious after… the fight? "

" Yes… " She was emotionally drained, she had spent so much of her time taking care of nishikata and taking on so much stress, her responses were weak… Pitiful… 

" I know you look tired and all but can someone explain why nishikata just attacked me out of nowhere? " , Amano even in this state could somehow keep his composure… 

" I apologize on his behalf… he's being going through some major problems right now… " 

" Yes, I could tell… dude looked like he was gonna kill me… " He looked beside him. Nishikata was on his bed with his eyes closed… 

" He woke up a while ago… but the doctor told him to rest again… " Takagi said as she gazed in the direction of his boyfriend… 

" Well I was supposed to sleep but I can't really sleep… my entire body hurts " Nishikata said with his eyes still closed, surprising takagi 

" You should be asleep yuki "

" Well I'm trying… "

Amano coughed to get their attention, " Explanation. Now. "

The atmosphere of the room grew dark as silence filled the room, Nishikata and Takagi slowly gave him the rundown of what had happened , 

" So basically he has some mental trauma…" Amano remarked… " His emotional support pillar is takagi and when he saw we were talking he got enraged… "

" Yeah… I kinda just lost control.. I wasn't even thinking … Plus...you kind of have a history with her..."

" No I don't. It was a year ago and none of us have ever mentioned it again… and its not like I was flirting with her..i was just waiting till your work was done "

" Like I said… I wasn't thinking "

Amano stared at his injuries… " Thank god I reacted quick enough… it could have been a lot worse.. "

" On that topic… what the hell was that amano… "

" What was what? "

" You took his punches and locked his hands.. And then.. Pushed him to the ground " Takagi said shaking while remembering the whole fight 

" Well I know how to defend myself…" Amano said, 

" There are fractures in his left arm.…. "

" Hey, don't try to pin the blame on me " Amano protested, " Though throwing you through the window of the first floor may have gone a bit too far… "