Chapter 9

The day ended and Midoryia was tired. He didn't know how the plan was going to work if Midoryia could barely focus when it came to school. The day dragged on because he had to figure out what he was going to make the quirk be. He knew there was an entrance exam but he never went to it but it was something with robots so Midoryia just used the fears of one person. They were afraid of a strange monster. So when it came to tossing that baseball he threw it and the monster made it go farther.

Not to mention the fact Todoroki kept staring at him. Well, he couldn't be sure because he was too chicken to look. It was funny to Midoryia. He could slit someone's throat but he couldn't look at Todoroki without blushing.

"Midoryia hold on!"

Speak of the angel. Midoryia's faced heated just by the sound of his voice. He turned slowly to face Todoroki. Then he remembered Sir's instructions.

"Don't become fond of any of those U.A. students there are nothing but heroes and training and All Might followers." He just needed to follow that. Pretend he didn't care. Midoryia remembered the promise he made Todoroki all those years ago. He mentally slapped himself, why would he think about that at a time like this?

"Could we talk for a bit?" Todoroki looked hopefully at Midoryia. Midoryia eyes traced his face and scar. He remembered the day Todoroki talked about how he got that scar. It made Midoryia shed tears and hug Todoroki tight. He couldn't be that soft anymore. He needed to cut off all those feelings, he had a job to do.

"Sure I don't see why not,"

Dammit! He thought to himself as he followed Todoroki. He smiled softly at him, Midoryia's heart squeezing. Midoryia was only walking with him to state they couldn't be friends.

"Why did you stop seeing me?" Todoroki started with the first thing Midoryia would rather not answer. They walked silently.

"I moved away from that part of town," Midoryia lying skills were top notch but around Todorki they failed him. He narrowed his eyes in suspison.

"I waited for you, you didn't even tell me that you were moving," Todoroki didn't make eye contact and Midoryia didn't want to either. They just stared at different pebbles as they walked. "You were my only source of happiness. I just wish things were the same. I feel like for once something right went in my life when I saw you sit next to me today. Do you think we can go back to those days."

Midoryia stopped walking. This is not what Sir wanted, the complete oppiste actually. Midoryia cursed himself for even being at thta park then things wouldn't be like this.

"No, I don't think we can ever go back," Midoryia lied again but he still didn't believe him.

"Your hiding something," Todoroki insisted. "You used to tell me everything, I told you everything. Did that mena nothing to you?"

"Yes," Midoryia felt himself clench his teeth.

"Whatever I did, I'll fix it." Todoroki vowed. His cold eyes stared back at Midoryia. He had only seen that face after a bad day with his father. Those cold eyes scared Midoryia. He had really messed up but it was for the best. He couldn't get attached and Todorki couldn't get attached to Midoryia.

Todoroki didn't say goodbye as he continued walking not want Midoryia to follow.

—————————
Words: 582