Chapter 8

"Pffffft!" Tomura stared at Midoryia in his U.A. uniform.

"What?" Midoryia said bagel in his mouth. He was running a bit behind. His body wanted him to not go so he was slow this morning. Tomura took a deep breath and started laughing.

"You look stupid!" Tomura struggled the words out as he laughed.

"You know what looks stupid? Those hands on your face!" Midoryia flipped him off. "See that my hand that isn't on my face!" Midoryia walked out of the hideout.

"Fuck off!" Tomura shouted.

"You too!" Midoryia shouted back. He slipped through alleys and walked to U.A. Well, walking was how he described it. Midoryia had grown with his quirk and now was able to make people's fears come to life. Not like make them see it no he could make it rise from the ground out of nothing. Midoryia called it Nightmare Hopping sometimes. He used the fears of others to help him travel. Some feared flying, making him have the ability to make himself float. He could only use those fears for only up to a couple of minutes. Midoryia looked like shit by the fact he rarely got any sleep from the nightmares. Which sounded childish except it was terrifying things like watching his mom die. Midoryia realized when he got over he made his mom do that to herself.

Midoryia made it to U.A. with no issues. He almost hit a building face first when he passed by a guy afraid of death. Death is the worst fear to try to use against someone because it is so unpredictable. Midoryia avoids it at all costs. Midoryia is oblivious to the blank stares he gets. When Midoryia is feeling a bit too much, anger, sadness, happiness, boredom sometimes, his powers waft around like a bad aroma.

He was looking around for class 1A. He found a large door and wondered what monster would be that tall. It didn't matter as he pushed open the door.

"You are messing with school property!" a man with blue hair chopped at the air.

"You're kidding right?" Midoryia stopped.  He knew that voice anywhere, he frowned. He forgot the idiot wanted to be a big, brave, hero when he grew up. Midoryia turned his eyes to Bakugo with his feet on the desk. The blue-haired boy caught sight of Midoryia and rushed up to him. His hand was outstretched.

"Hello I am Tenya Iida-" Iida went on to tell Midoryia where he went to school before now. That didn't matter to him. He wasn't here to learn names. His job was clear, make a dent in U.A.

Iida stared at Midoryia expectingly. "Oh!" Midoryia laughed like he spaced off. He was just tuning Iida out. "I'm Izuku Midoryia."

"No way in hell!" Bakugo stood up. "Deku you go here?"

Midoryia jumped and looked around. "Oops, it seems I took the wrong turn on the way home!" Midoryia frowned. "Kacchan of course I go here. Why else would I go here?" Bakugo held his palm up and it crackled. Midoryia rolled his eyes and walked over to Bakugo, whispering, "I think you forgot what I can do." He pulled his glove off and trailed a finger on his palm making him see his worst fears. Midoryia went to the back of the class and sat down not even looking at who he sat next to.

"Midoryia?" a soft voice whispered. Midoryia froze. All his confidence from making Bakugo almost cry went away. It wasn't that Midoryia didn't want to see him he just felt bad. Which was rare with Midoryia. Midoryia turned his head and Peppermint Boy stared at him. Midoryia's heart lept for the first time. Todoroki had changed so much. His face was so cold, no smiles like Midoryia was used to.

"Todoroki!" Midoryia woke up from his strange daze. "Y-You have changed."

Todoroki closed his eyes and smiled, he chuckled. Midoryia felt his heart explode. Maybe it was best if he didn't smile in front of Midoryia. Tomura was right and it made Midoryia's blood boil. Tomura had said that day Misayo was killed that Midoryia would never forget Todoroki and would always find a way to see him again.

"You haven't changed at all." Todoroki chuckled.

"So I still have that baby face from years ago?" Midoryia used his pointer finger and poked his cheek.

Todoroki tilted his head studying Midoryia's features. "No your more handsome now, you grew into your face." Midoryia blushed for the first time in years.

This was going to be a problem.

How was he supposed to destroy U.A. if his feelings got in the way? Midoryia shook his head. They weren't going to get in the way because one person couldn't stop Midoryia. He had a clear goal in mind. Midoryia could just enjoy his time with Todoroki for now. Because if—when—he finds out he would surely turn away from Midoryia.

Because not even his mother could love him for what he was.

———————
Words:838
Author's Note: I hope this is interesting enough. I feel like the way I write I make things a bit too boring.