Chapter 6

"Zuku's got a crush!" that phrase lived in Midoryia's head for the next couple of months. Midoryia dreamed of the day he could go back and see Todoroki. He appeared to be in trouble.

"Zuku, " Tomura complained. "Are you ignoring me?"

"Huh?" Midoryia didn't notice was Tomura holding Midoryia's new gloves. Sir thought it would be best if Midoryia wore gloves to contain his quirk. Midoryia could only use his quirk the best was when he touched someone. Midoryia could activate his quirk when he was, stressed, in danger, or if he concentrates. Which poor Misayo was the person he had to experiment his quirk with. She started drinking and smoking.

"You keep spacing out, " Tomura pointed out. "Are you thinking about Peppermint Boy?" Tomura thought it should be his job to tease Midoryia all the time. He also thought Peppermint Boy was a more fitting name.

"His name is not Peppermint Boy!" Midoryia snapped.

"Fine, Todoroki!" Tomura stuck his tongue out at Midoryia. "You should go see him."

Midoryia blushed a dark red color and began stuttering. "W-What if he is not there. A-Also Sir won't let us go back there. It was j-just a treat for hard work. Once in a lifetime."

Tomura just shot Midoryia a smirk. He held his arm out. Midoryia grabbed his forearm. He dragged Midoryia down the dimly lit hall. He stopped in front of a rusty door and he knocked. No answer. He knocked again. No reply. He was starting to get annoyed so he brought down his fist hard.

"Jesus Christ!" Misayo exclaimed. Misayo opened her door. Her hair wild and messy. Her baggy shirt was pulled to the side with new bruises on her neck and collarbone. "What the hell do you brats want."

"The park take us back," Tomura demanded.

Misayo's eyes widened. "I'm kinda busy right now. Also, Sir probably wouldn't like it if-"

"You can tell your girlfriend it can wait, " Tomura crossed her arms.

"What the-" Misayo stopped. "How did you know?"

"Sir talks about how stupid it is that he has to erase the memories of the women you bring here, " Tomura grinned devilishly. "Also I've met some of them in the kitchen in the middle of the night. Not the point if you don't take us Midoryia will slip off those gloves and you'll be hit with the full force of his quirk."

Misayo shivered. "You're an asshole." Tomura gave his grin to her. She turned her head. "Baby I have to go, don't do anything while I'm gone." Misayo walked into the room and came back with her shoes on and her hair pulled back. Tomura shot another look at Midoryia who was blushing so much.

Misayo snuck them outside made them walk to the car. She grumbled hopping into the car. Midoryia was nervous the whole drive there. They arrived there again and Bakugo was nowhere to be seen. It was a good sign.

They hopped out of the car and Midoryia went up the stairs and into the tubes of this playground. Tomura was watching out for Bakugo and was going to knock on the slide if he showed up. Midoryia sat there and didn't see Todoroki. He worried that it was the wrong day, the wrong time.

Then he heard shuffling. Peppermint Boy had tears in his eyes. None of them spilling on the smooth skin of his face.

"Are you okay?" Midoryia wanted to hug him like his mom would do when he was sad.

Dark bruises brushed his arms. Todoroki scrunched up his face. "I have been waiting for you, " he mumbled. "Where have you been?"

"It was just hard to get away, " Midoryia admitted. Midoryia opened his arms as wide as they could go in that cramped tunnel. Todoroki eyed Midoryia's open arms like it was a trap. Midoryia kept them open and waited. Todoroki finally gave in and wrapped his arms around Midoryia's neck. Todoroki took a big breath and his tears fell. He buried his face in Midoryia's shirt. He didn't want to be seen as weak. Todoroki sobbed silently. He let all of his tears fall.

"I want to get away," Todoroki mumbled.

"I got a perfect idea, " Midoryia smiled. Todoroki lifts his head looking at Midoryia. "We could run away together. When we get older."

"You barely know me, " Todoroki whispered.

"I'll get to know you, " Midoryia promised. "I don't think you deserve this type of treatment." Midroyia traced the bruises on Todoroki's soft skin. Todoroki hugged Midoryia tighter and rest his head under Midoryia's chin.

"I'm so terrible." Todoroki outlined his scar with his finger.

Midoryia shrugged. "At least you are cute." Todoroki looked up again and giggled. Midoryia wished he could have recorded and kept that sound.

Todoroki gave a sad smile. "You are too."

--------
Words:807