Chapter 5

"You have to understand Zuku!" Ten-year-old Tomura dragged Midoryia down the sidewalk. Being extremely careful to make sure Midoryia only holds his arm and not his hand. "Sir never lets me outside!"

"So this is new?" Six-year-old Midoryia looked around. The truth was he hadn't been in the city for a whole year. The only outside he knew that year was the forest surrounding the base. Sir had told them today they deserved some time outside. When Tomura asked why he wasn't tagging along he just smiled.

"Tomura, " he began. "Are you worried about Izuku's safety?"

Tomura nodded fiercely. "I promised."

"With quirks like you, two have," he snickered. "I would worry about the safety of the kids there."

"Of course this is new!" Tomura smiled again. Sir talked about how much Tomura grins now Midoryia is here. They arrive at a small park.

Sir called it,  "A well-deserved break." He wasn't lying. The two were learning how to use their quirks to their full potential. Midoryia could now make a person see their fears longer than a couple of seconds. Baby steps were what he needed to make his quirk powerful.

The small park brought a memory that Midoryia had forgotten about. The fight with Bakugo. It seemed like ages ago that Bakugo ran away crying like a baby. That was also the new thing with Midoryia. He wasn't so sweet anymore. He knew more swear words and insults. He was good at hiding in the dark and picking up on information that people didn't want him to hear.

Speak of the devil.

Bakugo was sitting on the slide talking to his friends. His eyes wandered the playground and landed on Midoryia.

"No, shut up, " he told his friends who were chattering next to him. "Deku?"

"H-Hey Kacchan." Midoryia may have evolved when it came to his quirk but those fears were still there. Bakugo still made him nervous. Bakugo placed his feet on the ground and walked over to Midoryia. Tomura eyed Bakugo his hands opening and closing. Midoryia whispered for him to calm down.

"Heard your mom offed herself, " Bakugo began.

"Bakugo!" his friends shouted. "Not cool!" they shouted. "Uh, what does that mean?" one of them asked. One of them whispered to the kid who had a blank expression and didn't understand.

"Oh, " Midoryia tries not to think about it. He still would think his mom would come to pick him up. "Yeah, she did. If we are talking about sad things, how about the fact I made you cry?"

His friends made an "Ooooooo!" sound.

"Shut up, useless Deku!" Bakugo held his palms up small explosions cracked on them.

"Who said he was useless?" Tomura was scratching his neck, but the itch he needed to scratch was turning the Kacchan guy to dust.

"Are you Deku's little boyfriend or something?" Bakugo laughed.

"I'm his older brother who could kick your ass with my eyes closed!" Tomura hissed.

"Tomu!" Midoryia patted his shoulder to calm him down. "No need to beat him up. Let's just go. Before someone does get hurt." Midoryia tugged on Tomura's shirt. Tomura muttered some more things and turned.

"Tch, " Bakugo rolled his eyes. "Deku killed his mom yet he needs an older brother to fight his battles." Tomura tensed up but Midoryia just kept dragging him down the sidewalk. They walked a while longer in silence until a kid came sprinting down the sidewalk.

He wasn't paying attention to the people in front of him. His split white and red hair swishing as he ran. Midoryia tried to move out of the way but the boy crashed right into him.

"Ah!" the boy exclaimed. "Sorry. Sorry. Sorry." He got up dusted himself off and Midoryia could only stare at his beautiful eyes. One grey and the other a lovely shade of blue. Midoryia felt his face heat up.

"Hey watch where you-" Tomura snarled but Midoryia stopped him from talking.

"Are you hurt?" Midoryia saw his face and a burn brushed the skin on his left side. The boy placed a hand on his burn to hide it.

"No." He mumbled turning his face away from Midoryia.

"I'm Midoryia, "

"Todoroki." He huffed. "I have to go hide now. Maybe I can meet you again. You know that park down the road?"

Midoryia nodded quickly.

"I hide there sometimes, " Todoroki kicked a pebble and looked down. He grabbed Midoryia's hand and left a bit of frost. "Bye." He sprinted down the sidewalk. Midoryia watched him until he couldn't see the peppermint-haired boy anymore. His blush never leaving his face until he was gone.

"Zuku's got a crush!" Tomura announced.

"Do not!" Midoryia sputtered. Tomura teased him the whole way back to the car. They climbed into the car.

"Have a fun time at the park?" Misayo let out a puff of cigarette smoke.

"It was-" Midoryia began.

"Don't care, " Misayo snapped. "Babysitting again." Misayo started the car and they started driving back home.

-----------
Words:838
Author's Notes: I just felt really sad like one does. So I decided to write another chapter. Also, people read this? If you do feedback would be nice. Anyways, thanks for reading!

Dark Heart-Tododeku-Villian DekuOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara