[21]

"Did someone say Reggie?" Reggie asks. I scan the room, looking for him.

"Up here," I hear Alex laugh. I look up into the loft and shake my head.

"Reginald!" I shout, getting off the couch and running to the ladder. "How long were you up there?"

"Long enough to hear about how worried you were about Lil Old Luke," Reggie teases me, poofing next to the ladder.

"Shut it, Reggie," Alex says, appearing next to him.

"I swear to god, if I could hit you-" Alex nods to me before snacking the back of Reggie's head with his palm. "Thanks."

Reggie runs his head before Alex tips his head toward the corner. I follow him and Luke and Reggie poof out of the garage.

"You've really got nothing to worry about, Dahlia," he says. "Look, just go the dance with Tyler. Have fun. Luke will get over it."

"Yeah, you're right," I nod. "Wait what?"

"Have fun?" Alex repeats.

"No, the Luke thing," I whisper.

"Luke will get over it," he says. "If that's what you're worried about, he will."

"I mean, I thought about that," I confess. "But, it shouldnt matter right? It's not like I'll ever be with Luke."

The corners of Alex's lips turn upward before he looks at the ground, "He doesn't know that."

"I-"

"It's late Dahlia. You should get some sleep," he cuts me off. "Just don't think about things so much. I know I'm not one who should talk, but I think I have enough nerves for the both of us."

I smile, "Goodnight then."

"Goodnight."

I walk out of the garage and up to the house. Julie looks up at me as I walk into the room.

"What took you so long?" She asks.

"The boys just got back," I answer.

"No," Julie shakes her head. "They got back like 30 minutes ago."

"Oh," I say, sitting down on my bed. "I guess I didn't realize that I was talking to Luke that long."

"Yeah," Julie nods, tightening her lips into a line. She lays back down on her bed, facing away from me. "Night."

"Goodnight," I say, laying down. It upsets me how bipolar Julie is with me. One second she's squealing in my face about boys and the next she's giving me the cold shoulder.

When will she just let me in again?

A.N.

This was just a filler. The next chapter is better. I promise.

💀✌🦋😘❄😳🐍😎🏳️‍🌈🤠🥁

-Redd