Part seventy-nine

(Chloe's POV)

"I have to go." Steve said and quickly left the room. We all watched him and after he was gone it was quiet.

"Chloe? What's your opinion?" Mom asked and it took me a minute to look at her, registering what she had said.

"I think Tony's right. We should be kept in check. We need to have someone to answer to when we get out of control." I told them.

"Thank you!" Rhodey celebrated.

"I wasn't finished." I glared at him before continuing. "We should be kept in check and have someone to answer to, but Steve is right as well. People have agendas, and agendas change all the time. And yes, this isn't Shield or Hydra, but both of those were run by people just like the UN is. Maybe we aren't the most trustworthy people right now. Maybe we made some mistakes. But we're human. Well, Vis isn't but that's beside the point."

"What is the point?" Sam asked.

"The point is, that for thirteen years of my life, I was experimented on, tortured, and held captive by Hydra. I had to do things to survive that give me nightmares almost every night. That's the point. For thirteen years, I was told when I could do something and where I could do it. I never had any freedom. Not until you all found me and I became an Avenger. That's the point.

"My whole life I have never had any freedom until now. And I am not going to sign something that is going to take that freedom away from me. And yes, we've made mistakes, people have died, but there's nothing we can change that. And yeah, maybe we could've done something different. Maybe if we had not as many people would have died. Or maybe more would have. We can't change that past. That's the point." I ranted taking a deep breath afterward.

"You still didn't give us your opinion," Tony stated and I had to hold myself back from walking over to where he stood leaning against the counter and slapping him.

"You wanna know what my opinion is?" I snorted. "My opinion is that it's a stupid decision. Your choices are either, A: sign and become the government's puppet, B: quit being a hero, or C: get thrown into a cell."

"No one is going to throw you into a cell," Rhodey spoke up.

"Really? Really? Of course they are! Do you know what I am? I'm an illegal immigrant. Technically both Wanda and I are illegal. Technically I'm not even supposed to exist." I scoffed and everyone went quiet. "If I sign, how long do you think it's going to take before they decided that I've gone out of line, and they throw me into a brick cell with a shock collar? How long do you think it's going to be before they throw Wanda into a cell? It won't matter what we say or do, because it's us against them!

"That's what's waiting for me if I sign! And even if I don't, even if I give all this up," I nearly yelled, motioning to the room. "How long do you think it's gonna be before they decide I'm too dangerous to live with other people?! Wanda and I, we're weapons of mass destruction!! Right now, all of my options end the same way. Me, sitting in a jail cell. And I promised myself I would never go back to that again!"

"Chloe, you are not-" Rhodey started.

"Don't tell me what I'm not, Rhodey." I cut him off. "Were you the one who had to grow up watching the only people you ever knew, or cared for, disappear and die?! Were you the one who was tortured nearly every day of her life?! Were you the one who had to fight and hurt her friends?! Were you the one who had to watch the love of her life get murdered right in front of her because she picked the wrong choice?! No! So don't tell me that it's okay or to calm down! Don't tell me that nothing is going to happen, because you don't know anything!" Before I knew what I was doing I was standing.

And I'm fairly certain I was glowing or something.

"You have no idea what I've had to do to survive. You have no idea how much of my childhood I've suppressed. And you may think that we all need to sign the Accords because it's what's best, but if it means that I have to listen while people decide what I'm going to do, then I would rather die. I'm done being a puppet. I'm done." I finalized and they all just sat there in what seemed to be shock.

"Chloe, the Accords aren't going to make you a puppet. They're going to make sure we stay in line." Tony chastised.

"No. They're doing just that. They want us controlled. They don't want us to have any choice, Stark. You think that your life sucked because your daddy didn't tell you he loved you or didn't pay attention to you? Well, guess what Tony?! Your life doesn't suck! Mine does! Your parents might be dead, but at least they don't have to watch as you tear everything down!" I chewed him out in frustration.

Wow. I did not know I had that in me. I don't even know why I said that.

"At least you had parents! At least you had people who cared! I had scientists who made me starve and tortured me for punishment! Who would've shot me without a second thought!" I yelled at him angrily and I felt something snap inside of me.

I couldn't tell what it was, but I knew something was going to happen.

"Whoa. Hold up. Where is this coming from?" Tony demanded.

"This is coming from a year of taking your banter and jokes and brushing off your remarks. This is coming from a year of you saying how you're an Avenger, yet you're rarely here. And when you are it's cause you want something from someone! This is coming from you acting like you're above everyone else. And you know what, Tony? I'm glad I'm not signing because that just means I don't give to deal with you anymore." I seethed.

I was ready to snap his neck but my train of thought disappeared when the window behind me shattered into a million pieces. I stared at the window in shock.

Did I do that? I didn't mean to...

"Chloe...look at me." Mom urged. Slowly I tore my gaze away from the broken window and faced her. When I did so, she leaned back a bit and her eyes widened slightly. "Your eyes are black..."

I stopped breathing before sitting back down and putting my head in my hands.

This was not going to end well.

"I can't sign. I'm sorry. I won't." I mumbled. Standing up I avoided eye contact with all of them and started to leave.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked from behind me.

"My room," I started but stopped myself from saying anything else. I made my way out of the room without any further interruptions.

No hate on Tony, I love him. But Chloe needed to have a slight mental break and it was just towards Tony. So yeah. No hate.😁