Chapter 1

Izuku Midoriya lived with his mother and everything seemed okay. Midoriya wanted to be a hero until his quirk manifested.

It all started when he was five.

"You are so useless, Deku." Katsuki Bakugo snapped at the small greenette on the ground. Cuts and scraps littered his legs and arms. Midoriya slowly rose to his feet and held his fists out like he was about to fight. Bakugo grinned at the fact he could throw more punches.

Midoriya was ready to feel the pain. Was ready to fight back. But Bakugo just stood there. His eyes glassy. Tears trickled down his face.

"Uh, Bakugo?" His friends around him asked.

The light returned to his eyes. He looked at Midoriya and started stuttering,

"W-We should g-go." His goons followed him as he ran away.

Midoriya just stood there not understanding why the fight ended so quickly. He dusted himself off and went back home. Midoriya assumed that Bakugo just gave up, even though that didn't sound like him. Midoriya passed by people and they all seemed to have that glassy look. Maybe they were thinking of other things.

Midoriya made it home and when his mom, Inko Midoriya, asked what happened to him he claimed it was a bad fall of the equipment.

"I'm clumsy," Midoriya giggled.

"You make me worried sick Izuku..." Inko trailed off and her eyes went glassy too. She swallowed and tears pricked her eyes. "Izuku...go to your room please."

Midoriya obeyed the odd request and made his way to his room. Midoriya played with an All Might action figure to pass the time. Midoriya grew bored playing by himself. He grabbed the All Might figure and made his way to living room.

Clack!

That was the sound of Midoriya dropping his All Might figure.

⚠️Suicide Warning⚠️

Inko was on the ground. Blood pooled from her. Midoriya ran to Inko and shook her arm.

"Mommy ?" Midoriya croaked. "This isn't funny!"

Inko didn't respond. Midoriya felt tears prick his eye as he looked at her lifeless body.

⚠️Warning Over⚠️

Midoriya ran to the neighbors next door and pounded on the door. The kind neighbors from next door tried to calm the crying kid.

"Shhh," the kind old woman told Midoriya. "Slow down and tell us what happened."

"Mommy! S-She's h-h-hurt! Come quick!" Midoriya tugged on the old woman's sleeve. The woman followed the hysterical child into his own home.

"Oh dear..." the woman had tears too. Before Midoriya could explain that Inko was just hurt the woman dialed a number and spoke to someone on the phone.

"Help her!" Midoriya cried.

"I don't know how to tell you this..." the woman began.

"Your mom is dead."

--------------------
Words:454
Notes: How did I do? I thought it was pretty trash 😅 I take constructive criticism. This is my first fic so if it's burning garbage, enjoy.