Chapter 27 : Turmoil

Nishikata was on sitting on the chair while talking to a nurse, meanwhile takagi was with mogami and sumire talking with the therapist about his conditions

The therapist looked over the reports again before speaking , " Emotional stress… " He handed takagi the paper, " I checked his report about the psuedo bipolar disorder.. "

" Psuedo? " Mogami asked 

" You know about the placebo and nocebo effects? " ( to those who don't, go back and read the notes from my psychology lecture) takagi said

" Yeah I know what they are.. "

" He had a rough childhood, he was displaying some symptoms of bipolar disorder, the doctor said it was possible for him to have bipolar disorder "

" Apparently his family has a history of mental illnesses " Sumire informed

" So you mean to tell me.. He thought he was bipolar… so he got Bipolar disorder?! "

The therapist chimed in, " Psuedo, meaning it depends on his mind, it appears that the bipolar behavior only occurs when the mind is highly stressed… "

Takagi read some more " Yuki's mind became unstable at extreme pressure and lack of sleep, causing him to hallucinate… "

" So is there a cure? Anything? We can do to help? "

" Well… considering the situation the only guaranteed way to make him feel normal… would be if the girl who he crashed into wakes up… " The therapist continued 

" She is in a coma…We don't know how long it will take… " Takagi sighed.. 

Mogami continued to read the report " The effects of pseudo bipolar disorder on the hallucinations? "

" I was about to start with that " The therapist continued " The bipolar disorder and the hallucinations are influenced by the same part of the Brain, so it's possible that they will interact with each other… "

" Interact with each other, what do you mean by that? " Takagi sounded worried 

" Well… the he could have bipolar episodes where he would act like a completely different person… he could be extremely paranoid or… seeing his history… "

" Extremely cruel and violent tendencies… " Takagi shivered as she remembered just how cruel and violent nishikata could be when he was angry… " Nishikata becomes… really dangerous when he's pushed to his limit… "

" Holy shit, I don't want to remember that, when she got on his bad side… that was the saddest I've ever seen a person… " Sumire also recalled 

" Wait, what violent and cruel…" mogami was confused

" I'll tell on the way back… " Sumire cut him off… 

" So I suggest someone be with him at all times, to keep him stable… " The therapist handed them a box of tablets.. 

" Pirin? " Takagi read the tablets name..

"It's just aspirin tablets, tell him it's medicine which will make him feel better, and we can use the placebo effect to keep him calm… obviously don't tell him that these are just aspirin "

" Understood" They all stepped outside the office.. Mogami started talking.. " Takagi, I don't know about how violent he has been, but I do know that nishikata has the strength of a bear… If he.. Becomes violent… then you won't be able to stop him.. "

" Yeah, if he attacked you … " Sumire also continued 

" But I can't leave him alone!! " She protested