~19

Marie had woken up and got changed. Levi wasn't in the room so she figured he was already downstairs.

"How's Eren? Hange must've talked a lot and I don't think that Eren had some sleep at all." Marie thought.

Marie got down and saw Levi sitting at the table, drinking tea with the rest of his squad.

Marie waved at them and was about to sit down until someone barged into the room.

"The Titan test subjects... Have been killed! Hange has already been informed, as well as Eren who was with them!" A blonde person said.

"Everyone, get your horse. We're going." Levi said and everyone got into action.

They went back to town to observe what had happened and squad leader Hange was in complete tears.

"Those Titans were vulnerable test subjects. Did one of the soldiers do it?" Gunther asked Eld.

"Yeah. They don't know who yet. They say that they both were killed by dawn. Before the watchmen noticed, they'd used their ODM gear to get away."

"So this was a deliberate plan, involving two or more people," Gunther said thoughtfully. 

"These Titans were important to humanity. We might have gotten any answers out of these two by the experiments they were doing on them... Who could've done that? Wait... Most likely a spy or something. Like someone who could be a threat to humanity. The spy could've infiltrated in the Military."  Marie thought.

"Let's go. It's up to the Military police now." Levi said to Eren and Marie and Levi walked away with Marie following behind. Eren stood still in his spot but Erwin grabbed his shoulders.

Erwin was saying something to Eren but it left Eren dumbfounded.

Erwin walked up to Marie and asked a question.

"What did you see? Who do you think the enemy is?"

Marie thought for a little and then gave an answer. 

"The test subjects are killed. Most likely by a spy who could've infiltrated the Military to prevent us from knowing more answers about the nature of the Titans." 

Erwin slightly widened his eyes and Levi did too as he watched their conversation. Erwin gave Marie a little smile before following Levi

.....................

Marie had followed Levi and Erwin since they had some business to take care of and Marie waited for them to finish. Olou and Petra stayed in town to help with the ceremony that was going to happen tonight. The rest of the squad already went back to the old HQ and Marie and Levi were now heading there. 

They eventually arrived and Gunther, Eld, and Eren saluted to their captain.

"Get ready. We're going on patrol." Levi told them. "Listen, Eren... Never fall two horse lengths behind me. The only reason why you aren't locked up right now is that I'm watching you. Don't forget that."

"Yes, Sir!"

"Let's go!" 

Levi and Marie immediately went and the others quickly grabbed their horse.

"The others will choose today on which Military branch they're going to join... I wonder if anyone will join the Survey Corps after all of that happened in Trost."

They were on simple patrol, nothing really happening.

"We're heading back. Olou and Petra will be there as well." Levi said to his squad and they headed back.