Chapter 4: I'm Sorry

A/N Thank you @GDHR2207 for the follow. Sorry for the wait. Its hard to get motivated to write and I'm very busy on the weekends. I had a day off yesterday so I didn't even touch my computer yesterday. I know this is a very tense part in the story but sometimes i don't feel like writing so deal with it. 

 Takagi's POV:

I could still hear Nishikata's words ringing over and over in my head. 

"I Love You" 

(Over and over they kept playing in my head. I grabbed my head in frustration. I can't do it. I have to keep hoping. he'll come back. There's no need to say goodbye. So why'd you say it Nishikata? Why say I'm not leaving and then say goodbye? Agh. All I can do is wait. wait for him to come back. I cannot imagine how things would be without him. No one to tease. no one to hang out with. No one to cry on when he finally lets me. I smiled a little through my tears at that one. I curled up into a ball in Nishikata's room and fell asleep. I did only get about an hour of sleep tonight.

(I woke up in Nishikata's room, at home? I couldn't see Nishikata around but I had my homework laid out on his bed. I decided to go out of the room and down the stairs. This is some creepy Deja vou. I went down and saw his mom crying and he was on the phone, also on the verge of tears. I was so happy to see him not injured that I wanted to kiss him again. But my body wouldn't go. It was stuck. It felt like I was on a set course and no matter what I tried to do I could not break free of where I was meant to go. It felt insane. and creepy. Nishikata got off the phone.)

"Oh, Takagi I thought I told you to stay upstairs?" He was still about to cry.

"Oh uh my bad, I guess I didn't hear you" (what the- I didn't even mean to say that) 

"I have to go to the store. That is awful timing but the store closes at 6 so I must head out." Mrs. Nishikata said tear streaking down her cheeks. She left

Nishikata was crying now. (I turned to see him. He was walking closer. until he was about a foot away from me. I hid my blush like usual.)

"Takagi?"

"yea"

"can I- get a... hug? (my teasing sense did not activate. I felt really bad for Nishikata and I refused to ruin this moment. and ruin him even more he's already in tears.)

(I remember! this is when Nishikata got a call that his grandmother died. Everything went down the exact same way as I remember. I couldn't change a thing if I wanted to)

"Uh yea... of um, of course!" (what was that... I've never not teased him when he asks something like that. He immediately threw himself on me and started sobbing. I hugged him back with a slight hesitation.)

"Takagi, My grandmother just passed away" he said between sobs. (I just stood there and hugged him. I didn't say anything because I didn't know what to say. I just...stood there.. hugging...Him. Then I remembered the situation Nishikata is in reality. I desperately wanted to pull away and kiss him but the memory forbade it. so we just hugged each other until I finally said.)

"You wanna sit down?" 

"Ye-a" He sniffles. (we sat on the couch and he told me all about his grandmother)

"I was really close to her and all the trips away had been with her" he said

"I know how you feel but I want you to know that I am always here for you"

(I honestly don't understand how he could talk to me and hug me without getting even a little red! like wow! and during the summer festival he could hardly hold my hand. he is strange isn't he)

I awoke and realize I had only been out for about 5 minutes. and I could see the doctors still crowding around Nishikata.

Nishikata's POV:

"I Love You Takagi"

( I blacked out for a moment until i saw Takagi being pulled away by some snot nose doctor. I tried so hard to raise my hand and grab her back into my arms. but i couldn't lift a finger. Another moment I blacked out and all the doctors were a blur. I saw a blue figure standing at the edge of my bed. She was startled to see me stare right at her.)

"Grandma?" I said as I started to sit up

(Wow. I feel weightless but also strong! I'm not hurt at all! what is happening?)

"Yuki!?" she said, quite stern. "what are you doing here?"

"Uh I got hit by a car and I'm in the hospital but why can I see you!?" 

"BECAUSE YOUR DEAD!"

"WHAT!" I turned to see my body still lying on the bed.

"AGH" I proclaimed (this can't be happening, I told Takagi I'll be back! I cant leave her. NOT NOW)

"You need to lay down Yuki, Try as hard as you can to wake up in your body." She explained

"How do I even begin to do that?"

" I'm not sure but try to wake up in your body. Its like waking up from a nightmare"

"Ok..." I responded unsure.

(I woke up. I couldn't move a muscle. I did it! I opened my eyes to a bunch of relieved doctors. Takagi came rushing back.)

"I died Takagi"

"Huh?" ( I could see the confusion on her face)

I smiled a little "I cheated death once but I know it won't happen again. so can you do me a favor?"

"Anything for you Nishikata"

"I would like to have a competition.  If I can kiss you, I win."

"No Nishikata, please don't ask me to do that"

"I only have a few minutes Takagi. Please don't waste it by arguing and I don't know why these doctors are only trying to prolong my death. I'm sure every one of them knows I am not going to make it"

She turned to see some ashamed doctors.

"Please Takagi. lets have one last contest"

(I raised my head only an inch. That's all I could do, She filled the rest of the gap. I dreamed of this ever since the pool when I saw her little hints. I knew she liked me, I'm not an idiot. I could just never get the courage. But when our lips connected, I finally felt whole and I could leave this world a happy man.)

"I...finally...won...tak...a..gi..."

A/N uh wow. sorry for the wait. This is the longest chapter yet. I am very surprised I got it that long from a single scene. The idea of Nishikata seeing his grandma came from a Gravity Falls comic I read a while back. Also I am uploading a picture later because its very late and i need to catch up on some Z's

So good night and don't forget to smile

Starco toon_lonk