~16

Levi had told Marie how rough the Survey Corps could be and the many things he'd done so far to earn the title of humanities strongest.

Marie listened quietly and was shocked by some things that happen outside the walls.

"Maybe It's time to introduce you to my squad," Levi said. 

Marie nodded and they headed out towards the training field where his squad was waiting.

"Captain." An orange-haired woman said.

"We have a new member for our squad." Levi simply said.

Marie saluted and the faces of Levi's squad were priceless.

"Hah? Suddenly a new member?" A cocky-looking guy said. "She looks weak. How is she going to help us and defeat Titans?"

A blonde-haired guy looked at Marie's uniform and saw the logo on her attire.

"She's still a trainee..." He said.

"Nice... They already think of me as weak... Good first impression." Marie thought disappointed.

"M-Maybe we should introduce ourselves." The woman said and Marie mentally thanked her.

"I am Petra Ral." The woman said with a smile.

The cocky-looking guy sighed before answering.

"Olou Bozado."

"Eld Jinn." The blonde guy said.

"Gunther Schultz," A brown-haired guy said.

"And your name is?" Petra asked.

"Shit... They don't know I can't speak."  Marie thought panicked.

She looked at Levi and he understood.

"Her name's Marie. She can't speak." Levi said.

This had his squad shocked.

"How is she supposed to do anything then? She won't be at the same level as us. We're the special operations squad and we can't use a weak girl like her." Olou said.

"Now now Olou. No need to say that yet. We haven't seen her skill." Petra said scoldingly.

"How come you can't speak?" Eld asked.

Marie grabbed her notebook and flipped to the page where she explained that her vocal cords have been crushed.

"I see," Petra said.

Olou huffed, earning a glare from Petra.

"Today we're going to see how great Marie's skills are so get your gear ready," Levi said and Everyone saluted.

"I need to get my new uniform. Commander Erwin said it would be ready in an hour."

"Go get it," Levi said and he followed his squad while Marie went the other way to get her uniform.

..................

In half an hour, everyone was ready to get started. Marie had her new uniform on with the cloak and she felt great having it on.

"We'll have 6 Titan puppets in the forest. Marie's goal is to find them as quickly as possible and to kill them as neatly. Levi explained.

"Olou, Eld, and Gunther. You'll be in control of the Titan puppets in the forest. Petra and I will monitor Marie." Levi said and they got in the forest to set up the targets.

"You've already fought Titans but we haven't seen it from you yet," Petra said, and then she turned to Levi. "Captain, not to be rude or anything but why has she been placed in our squad all of a sudden?"