Chapter 24 : The Moon Light

Sumire was frozen in place with a terrible headache...

Sumire : ( she squirmed her eyes) ( is this what a hangover feels like, God damn... I..)

She turned to her side, Mogami was completely still and asleep

Sumire : well... ( I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep after seeing that corpse... I need to thank him somehow for all this...)

But something irked her

Sumire : what's on his face ( she swiped over his lips with her finger) it's.. Wait.....

Sumire almost jumped out of the bed

Sumire : thats.... That's... my lip gloss.... It Was on his face... Did I... While drunk.... Oh God...

Mogami : ( he slowly opened his after which) god damn... My Head feels like it's gonna crack open...

Sumire : hey... Good morning...

Mogami : good morning takagawa ( he slowly started to remember the events from last night...)

Sumire : hey do-do you remember W-what happened last night?

Mogami : ( I do... But If tell her it will seem like I tried to take advantage of her being drunk) No... I don't remember everything ... ( I don't remember most of it, only the start everything else is blurry so I'm not technically lying)

Sumire : What... Do You remember?

Mogami : you got drunk after a couple of drinks then I had to drag you into the bed then I finished the bottle, after that I just remember waking up here ( whenever you lie you need to add some truth to it so it becomes believable..)

Sumire : ( what did we do while drunk... looking at just the lip gloss...)

she looked, some on his cheeks, his lips and neck...

Sumire : ( a very rough makeout session at least ... But that's just all we can see...how far exactly did we go?) ( she became very red as she imagined the scenario..) ( I can't even imagine touching him right now... did we... )

Mogami : ( she definitely knows something happened last night) ( he thought ahead as he tried to imagine what she would be thinking at this moment)

Sooner than later the scenarios entered Mogami's head, and even though he put on his poker face in time his head was spinning

Mogami : ( there's no way..) ( he kept reassuring himself) I'll just go and.. Take a shower.....

Sumire : ok... ( she was trying to calm down her nervousness)

But her nerves didn't calm down and she resorted to stuffing her face and screaming into the pillow..

Sumire : ( her cheeks were still red and she bit her own tongue so that the pain would take over the blush and calm her down) ( even though it was a bit painful she was no longer blushing...)

In the bathroom Mogami was fighting a mental battle too...

Mogami : ( do I have a crush on takagawa or not?! I don't understand anymore, I can't make head or tail out of this situation) ( he poured some water on his face) ( no keiji you need to calm down...)

He remembered the technique he always used to solve cases, "objectivity", most of the times stepping out of your shoes and looking at the situation from a completely neutral stand point can help clear the mind and think more calmly to reach a conclusion

Mogami : ( he thought for few seconds) imagine this exact scenario happening to 2 random people...)

The shower kept pouring hot water on him as the boy cleared his mind to reach a conclusion