Chapter 34 "Nerd!"

I hobbled into the classroom as the bell reverberated around the room. Dad gave a tired nod to my desk. I swung over there ignoring the death glares of a certain leech. I could feel her slanders and rude remarks emanating off of her. It wasn't as if I didn't expect it. I mean I totally burned my internship papers just to make her look dumb (it was worth it). Afterwards, she moved on from me and completely had grown attached to her one and only money resource: Tenya Iida. She probably twisted it in her mind that I had hurt 'pwecious baby' Iida. I slipped her the middle finger as I sat down and looked at the board. Up there was written 'Hitoshi Shinsou'. I looked around and saw that Shinsou was there staring at me smugly. I stuck my tongue out at him and looked back at the front before he could return the gesture.

Dad was starting to explain the exams for the exams this week. I had heard Dad talking about this already so I zoned out.

"Ahem, Aizawa. Pay attention in my class." I blinked. "Oh, sorry teach!" I saluted him and winked. Dad groaned and went back to drawing on the chalkboard. I decided to doodle on my packet.

The bell rang and everyone got up to go to their next class. All except Floaty chick and me. I tried getting up, but my crutches made me wobble and trip. "Pft, weak," Uraraka muttered under her breath. She sashayed out of the class as I began to use my quirk for support. "Bitch," I yelled back, but I doubt she heard me. Sho walked back in and saw me struggling. "Hey, Zuzu. Do you need help?" I smirked. "Zuzu? That's new." Shoto flushed bright red and started grumbling. I giggled and waved for him to come over. "I am in dire need of a horse again kind sir." Sho carried me on his back to Pa's English class. "Hazaa!" I yelled when we walked in. I had my ruler extended out and was smiling. "Glad you could join us Aizawa, but next time don't be late." I sheepishly smiled at Pa and Sho carefully placed me on the ground. The whole class was staring at me. Shinsou was smirking at me once again to which I glared back. I limped over to my desk and took notes.

At lunch, Sho had to run back for his lunch so I stayed on the rooftop with my miso soup waiting for him. I carefully ladled out the broth and collected some of the mushrooms floating on top. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kacchan timidly walk towards the bench I was sitting on. The last time I saw him this nervous in front of me was when he broke my favourite Ass Might figurine when I was five. (A/N- Kacchan were five.) I was surprised. 'What the hell?' He was slouched down slightly different from his usual arrogant stature. "Hi, Kacchan."

"Ummm, w-why the hell are you talking to me, stupid nerd?" I laughed on the inside at his ability to remain cocky while still looking as though he had murdered a child. "Well, since you were out here, I thought you might want to talk."

"Tch, mind your damn business." I palmed my face. He wanted something from me. I gave him a blank stare of annoyance before saying, "Kacchan, you obviously want something. What?"

"U-ummm, can you not tell the Hag about middle school? She thinks we just drifted apart."

"So let me get this straight," I took another sip out of my soup. "You want me to lie to Auntie about you tormenting me for years? No?" Kacchan started to droop in shame. "And you want me to do this because? You don't want to get into trouble? Or, maybe you aren't a complete asshole and you want to protect her?" Kacchan clenched his hands so hard that I was sure his hands were starting to bleed.

I shrugged. "Sure, why not?" He looked up in surprise. "What? You expected me to say no?"

"W-well, yes." A tear formed in my eye at the memories before I announced that I was quirkless. "Yeah, I guess I would too if I tortured my childhood best friend for almost ten years due to something he couldn't control." I shook off my feels of sadness and scoffed. Kacchan looked pale, but frankly, I didn't care.