Chapter 20.5 : Birthday Part 3

Nishikata and takagi were back at home where they had just finished the party with their friends, unfortunately Mogami and sumire weren't able to visit since they were still solving the case 

Takagi : ( cleaning the room) having a small party once in a whole feels good doesn't it? 

Nishikata : I mean.. I was in the spotlight for way too long…

Takagi : maybe you should rest a bit, you must be exhausted from the date 

Nishikata : yeah… ( the date.. I think I'm getting close enough to bravery needed…) ( he looked at his partner) ( just a little bit more) 

Takagi : well… Now for the thing I've been keeping you hyped for…. ( she pulled out a large bag) 

Nishikata : ( he opened the box) yarn? And needles? 

Takagi : what? Oh shoot wrong one… 

Nishikata : what's with the yarn? 

Takagi : well it'll be Christmas soon, and my mom taught me how to knit, If I start early I might be able to finish making something in time for Christmas… 

Nishikata : is there anything you don't know 

Takagi : ( she just chuckled and handed him another bag) I'll pull them out one by one… 

Nishikata : multiple things? 

Takagi : well there's nothing you want that you don't already have? So it was a tough decision on what to get you… 

Nishikata : hehe… 

Takagi : well so I had an idea, I saved up money to arrange this perfect date and time for the two of us 

Nishikata : probably the best day of my life yet… 

Takagi : even after all of that I still wanted to give you something.. 

Nishikata : what you've done is enough, I'd say you've already spend around 650 dollars on this one day 

Takagi : ( how the heck did he guess the exact amount) that doesn't matter, I specifically saved that up for today…. Since I couldn't decide I got a few things you'd like… 

Nishikata : oh? 

Takagi : for one…. ( she opened the smallest box) I got you this…

A new watch glinted from within the box 

Nishikata : ( held the watch and admired it) it looks amazing!! 

Takagi : the one I gave you doesn't fit anymore right? So I got you this one instead ( she suddenly put her arms around his neck) hey yuki… 

Nishikata : yeah ( why did she randomly..) 

Takagi : ( she pulled at his collar and unbuttoned the first two buttons of the shirt) you noticed?

Nishikata : ( he got goosebumps, he remembered when he'd essentially done the same to her at the ferris wheel) noticed what? 

Takagi : something is missing right?

Nishikata : (he suddenly realised) the locket… ( he started panicking) 

Takagi : it's right here ( she pulled out a locket, it shone brightly, as If it was just a peice of the moon tied to a silver chain) 

Nishikata : when did you? 

Takagi : I got it polished since it was starting to lose it's shine, that's gift number 2 ( she placed the locket around his neck)