3.Reason

"Natatsu Kenmura?" Nishikata sipped his juice box. "Who's that?"

"The 'Best Man'" Kimura took a bite of his sandwich. "That's what the girls in our school is calling him."

"180 cm, athletic, top 10 of his grade, and really popular." Nakai said. "Almost all the girls are crazy for him."

"Oh." Nishikata had anther sip from his juice box. "Why are you telling me this?"

"He is planning to confess to Takagi-san today." Kimura said.

"Pfff!" Hearing this, Nishikata choked and spat the juice out. "WHAT 'cough' !?"

The noisy hallway suddenly went quiet, as much attention was drawn to him.

"You heard him." Nakai sighed as he patted Nishikata on the back, who was coughing intensely. "The 'Best Man' is gonna confess to the girl you love."

"I'm 'cough' not 'cough' in love 'cough' with her 'cough' !"

"Yeah, yeah." Kimura knew his friend too well to try and argue with him. "Just do what you gotta do, ok?"

"And what is it?" Nishikata asked, now recovered cough.

Kimura swallowed down the bite in his mouth; his usually half-close eyes opened up wide, emitting energy that could only be described as 'intimating'.

"Stay. Out. Of. This." He said with a menacing tone. "She is not going to say yes, don't worry. Just don't do anything stupid."

"Ho...how do you know..." Nishikata could feel himself trembling a bit, not knowing of which reason; Kimura's aura, or Takagi was going to be confessed to.

Kimura sighed. "That's for you to figure out." Dropping this, he turned around and walked away.

"Just...listen to him, ok?" Nakai put his hand on Nishikata's shoulder. "Good luck." Then he left as well, leaving Nishikata standing in the hallway, stunned and crowded with thoughts.

......

"Natatsu..." Nishikata murmured. He walked through the corridors; the hallways of lunch break were always filled with people, which didn't help with thinking.

"Ah..." Wasn't paying attention to where he was walking, he bumped into someone and fell over.

"Sorry!" The person said, offering his hand. "I wasn't looking."

"No...I'm sorry..." Nishikata grabbed the hand and stood up, as he went face to face with what looks like a third grader; well, not exactly face to face, as this guy was way taller than Nishikata.

"How are you?" The person asked. He has short spiky black hair like Nishikata; his eyes gave out the impression of gentle, compliment by his bright brown pupil. if Nishikata would to describe him, it would be the senpai from '100% Unquieted Love'. 

"I'm...fine..." Nishikata looked around and realized that there were a lot of girls looking at their direction whispering to one another. "Ahhaha..." He scratched the back of his head. "Looks like we attracted some attentions."

"Come on Natatsu!" His friend beside him called out. "Thought we're going to the snack bar?"

"Oh, right!" The person said. "Got to go. I'm Natatsu, and you are...?"

"Ni...Nishikata..." Couldn't believe who he bumped into, Nishikata stuttered.

"Nishikata, nice to meet you." Natatsu shook his hand cheerfully. "See you around!" He waved as he left with his friend, attracting many young girls' gaze with him.

"Natatsu..." Nishikata gazed  to his direction as he murmured.

......

"We are a month away from the school festival, each class needs to prepare either a show or a stand. Anyone got ideas?"