~8

~Year 847~

"You there!" Yelled The instructor, Keith Shadis.

"Yes sir!" 

"Who are you?"

"Armin Arlert, from Shiganshina!" Armin replied.

"Yeah? That's a stupid name. Your parents give you that?"

"My Grandfather did!"

"Armin. What are you doing here?" Keith said as he leaned closer to Armin.

"Trying to aid humanity's victory!"

"That's indeed wonderful. Then you'll feed the titans!" Keith grabbed Armin's head and turned him around. "Row 3, about-face!

Marie stood in row 3 as she watched Armin from behind.

"I haven't seen Armin, Mikasa, and Eren for more than one year. They're all here. Even Armin. How did he change his mind? Do they even know I'm alive? Well... I'm glad to see that they're alive and well." Marie thought as she was glad to see them again.

"Who are you?" Keith asked Marie as she was pulled out of thought.

Marie saluted and then did a certain sign with her hands that only Keith seemed to understand.

"Marie!" That was all that Keith said before turning to the fourth row.

Marie looked at Eren who widened his eyes. Marie gave him an assuring smile as Eren mouthed, "You're alive?"

Marie seemed to have picked that up. She nodded as a reply.

"Who the hell are you?!" Keith yelled.

"Jean Kirstein, from Trost!" 

"Why the hell are you here?!" 

Jean was slightly relaxed.

"To join the Military police, for a life deep within the walls" 

"Oh, I see... You want to access the Interior?"

"Uh, Yes sir."

Then Keith head-butted him.

"Who said you could sit down?! Anyone who can't handle this will never join the Military police!"

Keith kept asking who everyone was and what they were her and even picked a bald boy, named Connie up by his head for saluting wrong.

"Is your heart on the right side of your body?!"

A red-haired girl took a bite off of a potato, leaving everyone completely silent, even Keith.

Keith dropped Connie as he turned to the red-haired girl.

"Hey, you... What are you doing?"

The girl looked Keith straight in the eyes as she took another bite off of the potato.

"I'M TALKING TO YOU!" Keith was incredibly angry at this girl.

"Sasha Blause, from Dauper village, Wall Rose South District!" She replied while saluting with the potato in her hand

"Sasha Blause, What are you holding in your right hand?"

"A boiled potato. The kitchen had a fresh batch and I couldn't resist."

"Why would you eat a potato right now?" Keith looked at Sasha with a serious face.

"Letting it get cold would've been a waste. So I decided to eat it now." Sasha was slightly avoiding eye contact with Keith.