Chapter 15 : Love

Nishikata : so… did you get settled at the house? 

Shuichi : yeah… got suika into the hospital… I feel so tired I just wanna crack open a cold one and chill out for the rest of the week… 

Nishikata : didn't you quit drinking? 

Shuichi : I said " I Wanna" not that I will… I called to tell you something 

Nishikata : what? 

Shuichi : when suika finally reaches the delivery stage I'm just gonna hit you up with a message and you'll then be incharge of Tokyo office temporarily, cause I'm not about to work when my kid is born 

Nishikata : it's good that my early internship starts at around the same time as she is predicted to delivery… btw do you know the gender? 

Shuichi : you're gonna get a nephew soon enough… 

Nishikata : I'm so God damn excited… I just wanted to ask something… 

Shuichi : yeah? 

Nishikata : do you know Governor Tanaka? 

Shuichi : well…. yeah I do, I've had quite a few meetings with him and even got invited to the celebrations of his daughter's birthday, but why you ask? 

Nishikata : no it's nothing… ( Izumi's power comes from her father so if I was able to talk to her dad then maybe…) so how's everything else going? 

Shuichi : (he wasn't convinced but didn't say anything) well I've spent the past week shopping with suika for the baby… I'm not sure how I'm not insane by this point… 

Nishikata : (he laughed) 

After talking for some more shuichi hanged up and cooked the breakfast for both of them who was starting to load up the screen 

Takagi : cuphead again?

Nishikata : even though we rage quit because of the earthquake, I still wanna complete the game… 

Nishikata : ( he handed her the plate) so what does the masterchef think? 

Takagi : ( she tasted the food) you're getting better everyday yuki… 

Nishikata : well I do have a good teacher 

Takagi : ( petting lexi) kittens really grow fast huh? When was first here lexi could fit in my hand now have to hold her with both… 

Lexi purred and then disappeared into the hallway.. 

Takagi : I wish I was a cat sometimes… Sleeping all day and getting cuddles sounds great 

Nishikata : ( he gave her a head pat) there like it? 

Takagi : … what? 

Nishikata : Don't you dare get angry, you pulled this exact joke on me when I moved here…

Takagi : you remember the most random things sometimes yuki.

Nishikata : I know…. ( he kissed her on the neck) 

Takagi : ( after a small makeout session was over) you are becoming a lot more forward… I Like that… 

Nishikata : I'm just practicing to increase my bravery… 

Takagi : bravery? 

Nishikata : well I promised someone something on her birthday and frankly I think I'll chicken out so I'm preparing myself… 

Takagi : (I was a bit worried about him chickening out but I don't have a reason to worry now) let's see...your birthday, then Christmas then my birthday, so I guess I still have to wait huh, I have given up of trying before you are ready but… ( she got close and whispered into his ear) ~ if you ever feel like we're still here before my birthday~