☘︎ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬

𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑡ℎ

she stood tall, proud, beautiful

her thick curly long hair flowed around her, eyes glowing under the rising sun as the sweat on her arms and face gleamed, chest slowly rising and falling as she evened her breathing. khadijah, with her knuckles bloody and skin broken, grinned like an animal. her knees, feet, elbows and anything that was left uncovered by her ruined clothing was bruised and bloody, painting the sand underneath them in red.

blood ran down her figure and masrur softly sighed. does she secretly have a death wish underneath that murderous, power-hungry exterior of hers?

reaching over to her teacher who laid on his back, propped up by his elbows, khadijah pulled him up to his feet. they've been sparring since four in the morning, the sunrise behind her indicating they've been fighting for over three hours now; the reason for fighting so early within the day was to test her abilities during the dark, where not a speck of light would guide her. it was practically abuse the whole time, not being able to properly dodge in time, but within three months, khadijah had began to avoid his attacks, only failing to dodge whenever he would throw a rock at her form.

however, today was the first time they ended with her standing at the finale.

"my clothes are uncomfortable.." she glanced over to her teacher, a cheshire smile growing on her bloody face. without any hesitation, khadijah threw her shirt off, bandages -that were loosely wrapped- around her breasts coming into view before she ripped open the sides of her pants, sighing in relief when they no longer stuck to her skin.

"ja'far will get angry." he observed her body, nodding at her growth the past months. her abs were becoming defined, body toned with muscles being shown with the simplest of movement. "that's the fifth pair this week."

khadijah hummed, leaning into his arm. "how was i today?"

"good." he reached over to ruffle her head, khadijah blinking in response. "you haven't gotten rid of that habit of aiming where your eyes lock onto."

"then, doesn't that mean i was quicker and stronger to make you fall?" her eyes gleamed at the information before the light was promptly taken away, watching him shake his head in denial.

"your style of fighting is inconsistent. you took me by surprise," he briefly recalled the way she had wrapped her legs around his neck, using all the strength in her core to flip him over her body and hold him down. it was amusing at best, someone who barely reached his shoulders trying to flip him over--yet she had executed it perfectly. "for someone who isn't a fanalis, you're impressive."

different styles of fighting, huh. she hummed at the explanation. watching many different fighters inside the ring as alicia had rewarded her with an ambiguous style of fighting that would catch her opponent by surprise. that was, if she hadn't shot them through the skull or dug her knife into their chest.

regardless, she soaked techniques up like a sponge; to survive and to get money, alicia would learn whatever style would grant her an easy win.

it was also always a spectacle to see them gawk and cry about losing to her while using their style of fighting.

"i've had many teachers," she mumbled, noticing a certain blue-head pass through the torn and broken trees, sighing in exasperation. quickly, without a missed beat, khadijah enveloped the woman in a hug, feeling her magic lightly buzz around her.

yamraiha was the first to drag her away when she arrived to the palace, after finding out she was able to use "advanced" magic even though she had low quantity of magoi. currently, she was still trying to understand what made her different, but instead of conducting experiments, yamhaira had began to teach her the way of magic. however, quickly coming to the realization their affinity for magic was the opposite of each other's, yamraiha had quickly shut down the idea of being her magic teacher, instead choosing to teach her the fundamental principles of magic, the different gadgets she created, and, well anything that's related to magic.

she was.. underwhelming to say the least. yamraiha was a strong individual, yet when khadijah first touched her, she had felt nothing from the woman who wore seashells to cover her boobs. she was cold, the power running in her veins smooth and soft; yamraiha was a defensive water-using fighter and khadijah grinned upon noticing her style of fighting, summoning her fire only to get smacked across the head by ja'far.

he didn't want her fighting.

the bastard ಠ︵ಠ.

"you're healed now." her blue eyes were filled with annoyance and concern. "i don't understand why you let yourself be harmed to such an extent, you should know better--"

snaking her hands behind her head, khadijah tugged to woman into her chest, muffling the damn scolding that would've left her mouth. before yamraiha could throw her off, they all stiffened up, listening to the bells signifying a certain someone's arrival.

khadijah hummed.

her favorite person was back.

(ง'̀-'́)ง

sitting beside alibaba and aladdin, khadijah fed the children grapes, cackling in amusement when alibaba began choking. with a smack to the back that sent him flying, khadijah wheezed when he sent her a shaky thumbs up, mumbling out a thank you.

ja'far had told her to wait here with them, for some inane reason.

glancing over to morg who's head was on her lap, khadijah stroked her hair. morgiana, in the past six months, had greatly opened her heart to her. she told her of her home, the country where the fanalis lived, her goal to return home, her past as a slave, the people she met in her journey before meeting her--everything that made morgiana into the young woman she was, khadijah had come to know.

in return, khadijah told her of her own past.

to say the least, morg was quiet when being told a village had been burned down by her hand. even more so when khadijah informed her she made sure there weren't any survivors.

whether or not morg's opinion changed on her, the girl hid it well.

"sinbad!" alibaba was the first to approach the king, his belly bouncing with every step as he sucked in a breath. "i'm indebted to you for letting me stay in your castle as a guest--"

khadijah hid her laugh, watching sindbad openly gape at the new alibaba.

"you grew fatter, didn't you?"

standing up from her seat, khadijah softly set down morgiana among the grass, approaching the king. throwing an arm around alibaba, she poked his cheek, smiling up at sinbad. "the young prince and magi have milked the privileges and luxuries you left behind for them, my king~" she reached over to wrap her arms around his waist, humming in delight when she felt his power and strength on her fingertips.

without a second thought, her lips brushed against his before she reeled back.

"milena's lips are softer." she mumbled.

"PFFFT--!"

sinbad twitched, snapping his glare over to his aid who hid his red face, bowing in respect.

"forgive me."

she felt his arm snake around her waist, khadijah raising a brow when he tilted her gaze to his own. "that's no way to welcome your favorite person, khadijah." he gave her a small smirk, a smirk filled with his massive ego and narcissism that made her wanna punch him in the balls.

either way, she left him melting and panting.

"welcome back, sinbad."