Part seventy-one

D.C., Sam Wilson's house.
(Chloe's POV)

D.C. was better then I remembered. I had come previously with mom a few weeks after they found me, and she took me to the Smithsonian, but other than that I didn't really see that much.

Sam apparently had a house so we were staying there. It wasn't huge, but it was nice. "I have a spare bed in that room, Chloe, you can stay in there. That alright?" Sam asked as we made our way inside. I threw him a thumbs-up and then went the way he pointed.

Dropping my bag on the I looked at the room. There was a queen size bed, a dresser, bookshelves, nightstands with lamps on them, and a TV on the dresser.

"Bathroom's across the hall if you need it." He said standing in the doorway. "The kitchen is through there, living room. Not much, but it's home."

I followed him as he spoke, pointing at rooms. "I like it. It's homey. A lot more homey then the compound. Even though that is my home." I scrunched my face up at that weird thought. Sam laughed and I threw him a scowl.

"Okay. I'm gonna unpack, then I'll probably make lunch. You can do what you want. Watch TV. Go out. Just keep your phone on and with you. Your mom would kill me if I lost you." He mumbled the last part but I caught it.

"I could take some lunch. But then I think I'm gonna go explore." I said sitting down in the living room.

———————

Sam was a surprisingly good cook. After eating what he deemed a filling lunch, I set off to go sightseeing.

I was actually going to the Smithsonian. But I didn't tell him that.

After making my into the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, I wondered towards the huge poster of Cap.

Walking through the exhibit, I couldn't help but feel like I was intruding on Steve's personal life. Like I was walking in his brain.

That's a weird analogy. Bleh.

I stood in front of the A Fallen Comrade memorial. It read:

'When Bucky Barnes first met Steve Rogers on the playgrounds of Brooklyn, little did he know that he was forging a bond that would take him to the battlefields of Europe and beyond.'

Below the words was a big black and white picture of Bucky's head. I blew out a breath of air and moved on.

I was watching the video that was taken during one of the Howling Commando missions. It showed Steve and Bucky talking over a map. "Excuse me?" I jumped hearing a girl speak to me.

Turning to see her smiling at me I got worried. "Can I help you?" I asked. She didn't look like she could be much older then me.

"Are-are you Nightangel?" She stuttered and I mentally facepalmed.

I really should have expected this. I mean it's not like my face is all over girl magazines. Cause trust me, it is.

"Yeah..." I started.

"I'm a huge fan." I grinned.

"Thanks." I smiled at her.

She really couldn't be more then thirteen.

"I'm Hana." Her smile grew wider. "I really love you and you mom."

I chuckled a little at this. "Thank you. My name's Chloe, though."

"It's really nice to meet you. Do you...do you think I could have an autograph?" She asked shyly.

"Sure. Yeah okay." I laughed.